Review by SPGLink

"I like TimeSplitters 2."

First off, I would like to start by saying, this game rocks. Don't be fooled by my lack of exclamation marks, this game is really, really fun.

TimeSplitters 2 is a First Person Shooter, but it doesn't stop there. It's got a cool Story Mode, a kickass Multiplayer with TONS of options, and it's got a lot of funny stuff, too. Once you pick up this game, you'll be hooked for a very long while.

The Story is a little thin, but the way it's presented makes up for it. For instance, in the Chicago level, you really feel like your in the 1920's taking on the mafia. Or in the Wild Wild West level, you really feel like your a badass cowboy living in the cowboy's day, shootin' up the Sheriff and blowing stuff up with gunpowder. Gotta love the gunpowder.

You shoot stuff up in a very cool and very fun manner. It's not just shooting, it also has some stealth-type concepts as well. Very neat.

The graphics are very cool, it all just looks too real. Probably the most amazing thing about the graphics is you can shoot a whiskey barrel at the bottom, and then at the middle, and you can watch as the whiskey stops pouring out the bottom, while it's still pouring out the top.

Controls: 10/10

It kinda starts out a little weird, first picking it up and playing, but once you spend sometime with it, the controller molds into your hands and you'll be peelin' like a champ in no-time.

The sounds, they fit in really well in this game, you can hear sounds loud if they occur near, or faded if they're far away. Kind of a neat effect. And the music.. I LOVE IT! This game has the best music I've ever heard in a game. Once you hear the different musics, you'll love them, too. A particular favorite music of mine is the Return to Planet X music.

Replay Value: 10/10

Are you kidding me? This game has an ass-load of replay value. You got over 100 (!) characters! You got a mess of options for customizing gameplay! You have a Map-Maker to make your own Single Player and Multiplayer levels! Seriously, this game will not get old for a very very long time.

Comparison to other First Person Shooters:

I feel the need to compare TimeSplitters 2 to the other First Person Shooters of the world, to help whoever's reading this decide on a game.

Any 007: The 007 games, especially Goldeneye, are really fun, however, the lack of Multiplayer stuff in them makes it stand a little below TS2.

Halo: Long story short- TS2 is 500 times better than Halo.

Quake: Not as good.

Doom: Not as good.

Unreal: Great, it's right up there with TS2.

So if you're looking for a good First Person Shooter, I recommend you go with TimeSplitters 2 for either GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBox. I also recommend that you get it for GameCube, if you're looking to have some great Multiplayer Mayhem.

Buy or Rent?: BUY

Why should you buy it? Mainly for all reasons I listed above. Buy this game, lock yourself in your room with a few friends and some pizzas, and enjoy.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/03, Updated 01/03/03