Review by linkbackwards

""driver is going 230 +. I am in pursuit.""

This was the best NFS game I've ever played!! Probably because it's the only NFS game I've ever played! I haven't beat the game yet, but I really enjoy riding the Maclaren F1, at a top speed of 240 MPH. It lacked some graphics and speed, but other than that, this game had a lot of fun packed in. Here are my ratings.

Selections. 9/10
I love how many cars you get to choose from. I love the cars, the looks, and the cars. The only thing that kept this from being a ten is the start-off cars.

Speed. 3/10
This is where the game went wrong. The speeds were at tops, realistically, up to about 10 MPH. If the speeds were a wee bit better, this would get a 5. This game could be a bit better, so don't be surprised if the Opal goes to 2 MPH.

Competition. 10/10
Vroom! I love kicking butt with this game! Screech! Darn it! I hit a spike strip! This game can mean you get to say ha-ha to anyone who you beat, or it means you are caught by the police, or 10 miles behind. Too bad there is no turbos.

Story. 6/10
Not much here. No real story, but there is a mission to be the world's greatest race car driver. At times I am very frustrated, for the next rating tells why.

Difficulty. 7/10
This game gets pretty hard at some points. For instance, beating a Maclaren with one? Jeez. This game is hard, but not as hard as one game (The Incredibes), which I rated a ten, which is NOT a good rating for difficulty.

Graphics. 4/10
Poor graphics is not what I like. This game doesn't have those. Well thats okay. But why did the guide say it has good graphics? I will never know.

Buy, rent, throw away, or leave alone?
I say to rent, and if you like it, you know what to do.

Well, that is my opinion.-knil

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/19/06