Review by gamelunatic

"Good, but it still has problems"

Namco Museum. It has been on almost every system since the Playstation. I already owned the GBA version, and I liked that, so I thought I'd give this version a chance. It had a lot of classic Namco games, so how could I not like it? Well...

They're okay. These are the same graphics from the arcade, so what would you expect? However, in some of the games they kind of look too small (Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man, both Dig-Dugs, etc.) This is because they decided to add borders to a lot of the games instead of having it all on one screen. I was disappointed when I first played Dig-Dug Arrangement.

The sounds don't sound nearly as good as the arcade versions. They sound kind of soft. Of course, you can adjust the sound on both the T.V. and game settings, but still. They sound better in the arcade.

Control: 10/10

Well, this is good. Namco games have always been about great control, and that hasn't changed on this game. It's the best feature of the game.

Fun Factor: 7/10

I'll admit, it's pretty fun to be able to play so many games on one disc. I liked these games in the arcade, and I like them okay on this game, but it's kind of annoying that they chose to have borders that take up a lot of room instead of having the game on a full screen. One good thing about this category is that they have two unlockable games you can earn- Pac-Man Mania, a weird game where you can jump over ghosts, and Pac-Attack, an OK puzzle game.

Replayability: 9/10

This game has tons of it. It's so much fun to try to beat your high scores so many times, and you can save them to a memory card. It might get tiring after a while, though.

Overall:

Control: 10/10
Fun Factor: 7/10
Replayability: 9/10

Buy/Rent?

If you really think you might enjoy this game, buy. I wouldn't reccomend spending more than $25 on it though. If you're in doubt, rent it first.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 08/08/04