Review by NintendoManiacX

"Easily one of the best games ever made on the Gamecube console."

Before you read, note that this is my first review and I'm new to this. I've been wanting to write a review on this for a while.

Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game. period. I hope that more games such as this are made in the future. Every aspect of the game is nearly flawless -- The story pulls you in and it becomes more than just a game with it's unexpected twists and turns. for example, when we go to the Tower of Salvation for the first time to complete the journey of world regeneration, I was in shock about Kratos, what Collette was willing to do to save the world and Cruxis's real intentions. At the point of the Tower of Salvation, I thought it was a very short yet great game. The game turned out to be about 5 times as long as I thought it would be. I think games should be like that where you're not just playing, you're constantly on the edge of your seat thinking "What could be next?"

Story - 10/10
The game had a wonderful storyline and always had he wondering. It was very dramatic and exciting.

Graphics - 7/10
I'm not a big fan of this type of graphics but I've learned to like it. They could be better but the rest of the game completely makes up for a hundred times over.

Sound - 10/10
The sound was great as well as the quality. My favorite sound effect in the game has to be when a character starts casting a spell. The sound effects in Tales of Symphonia are probably the most unique and good quality I've heard in a game.

Gameplay - 10/10
I loved the gameplay -- incredibly fun and easy to pick up.

Overall - 10/10

I had a great ride when playing this game. The great thing about it is you can keep making new profiles on it and have a better game than the last by using the GRADE shop feature. I'm currently working on my seventh profile after beating it a while ago. I'm addicted. I've had this game for nearly two years and it hasn't gotten old in the least bit. Every time I play and go through the game, It becomes my favorite game all over again. All of the twists and turns are as if it's the first time I'm seeing it. In my opinion, the creators of Tales of Symphonia are geniuses as well as nothing less than the greatest game writers alive.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/22/08

Game Release: Tales of Symphonia (US, 07/13/04)