Review by WaterMario222

"Do you sense alliteration? I sure do."

So when I saw this game at a video game rental, I'm like, "Yeah, some babyish game that doesn't even deserve to be on the GameCube". Then my friend is like, "Go get it, it's not too bad!" I'm like, "No, are you crazy?" and then he said, "Yes." That was all I needed. I rented the game and enjoyed it while it lasted.

The graphics are pretty neat, I mean, you can't expect a lot from this kind of game, right? Most everything looks sharp and clear, whether it's the Bilbies, or Ty himself. The environments have good texturing. You can see many details that don't even relate to the game, and it just looks so real and magnificent. My only complaint is that sometimes, the colors look repetitive, but that's after you play the game for 30+ hours, which you won't since the game isn't extremely long.

With graphics being a high 9/10, it might be a shock that the sound gets a mediocre score. That's because of one thing. ANNOYING!!! The sounds are like the same in every stage and place, that Australian accent irks me so much, I truly don't like it. It's just so hard to bare with. On the plus, for the first 5 minutes, you'll think that Australia is the best country in the world.

Not very creative at all, but it's enough to support the gameplay, you must stop Boss Cass from collecting five talisman that he stole from you and your family. Basically, you're trying to get the talisman before Boss Cass does. The names are funky. Haha, "Boss Cass". You, fortunately, get a little bit of help along the way as well. It's steady enough for a kid's game.

The gameplay mostly revolves around the story. Looking at the game cover should tell you that this game will be a platformer game, meaning that you'll be running and jumping around a lot. That said, you'll be on the search for Thunder Eggs and Golden Cogs. You also get some weapons to use. You have five objectives. They are freeing caged creatures, solving puzzles, winning Time Attack, looking through every little part of the game, and last but not least, defeating enemies. The replay value, for this reason, is high and should be enjoyable for a good time. Even adults can play this game, seriously.

Scores:

Average- 7/10
Grade- C
Final- 7/10

Final Recommendation-

To close up this review, you should first ask yourself, "Do I like games where fun doesn't last long, but while it lasts, it's really fun?" If you answered yes to that question, you should go ahead and rent it. This is a nice, stellar game that deserves to have a look, although it isn't the best game on the GameCube.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 05/24/05