Review by Acepilot666

"It's 007 exept in WWII"

Medal of Honor Frontline

What do you get when you mix World War II and James bond? WWII + 007 = Frontline. Alright weave done European assault and now it is time for the infamous Medal of Honor Frontline. This game is the 3rd instalment in the series and pretty much revolutionised the rest of the series. It showed that poor graphics and mine carts can actually be fun in a FPS.

Story 6/10

Now the story to this game isn't too special. What happens in missions is mostly happens on its own part. So the whole thing about this is that the Germans are making a jet fighter plane and you have to stop them from doing so. They keep things interesting though when certain things go wrong. Not the best but still gets the job done.

Gameplay 9/10

The gameplay is fun as hell. You are able to do what you would expect to do in a World War II scenario.

AI: The AI is terrible. It's as if they have the brains of kindergartens. They'll just stand in front of enemy fire and never take cover. They made up for this though by making them invincible which is kinda cheap.

Controls: The controls are really good coming from a game made in 2000. A thing they have that was a great idea is to be able to customize your controls. Which is really helpful encase you are uncomfortable with the current control scheme.

Other: the rest of the gameplay is just good old standard FPS action while not really being able to choose what path you take as in being sneaky or Rambo. It's not like the setting helps. You mostly go through large places with multiple ways to get through it but all leading to one thing.

Your health bar, as always in games like this, is at medium to top priority. You can't fight if you're dead so you need to look out. If you're not careful though, you could find you're self shaking in a corner with close to zero health left and hopes of getting out is practically zero.

Graphics 6/10

On the graphics in this game is less terrible then the AI. The Tanks or should I say the Panzers (because you never see a friendly operational tank) and generally all the normal things look like they are supposed too. You can see the tracers and muzzle flashes from the weapons. There's one moment when you see 30 or so enemies on the screen but not get a hint of lag. That doesn't mean there isn't any lag spikes in the game.

One thing I do have to complain about is how the gun looks when you're holding it. It looks so small and takes a while too get used to. They in other games which is good I guess. The graphics are okay I guess but they could have done much better so I give it a 6/10.

Sound 9/10

It seems that all Medal of Honor games have a kick ass soundtrack. This on is no different. All the songs that play fit the mood and the landscape. They have medium paced music that sounds good for whatever you're doing. All the muzzle shot sound waves differ for every gun. So if you've played the game long enough you can tell what the enemy is using.

The explosions are not as loud as they should be but they get the job done. Just barely though. They put a lot of detail in the sound department so I give it a 9/10 for giving some nice tunes too listen too but fall short on some other things.

Multiplayer 4/10

Now they almost did everything right in this game, almost. The multiplayer in this game is horrendous! You can pick your own chose of maps and music and also have teams but that's it. Also another huge problem is the maps are so small you can always see were your foe is. You aren't able to eliminate your presence on the radar. So everybody constantly knows were you are. I give this games multiplayer a 4/10 even though it had only a few mistakes they were big ones.

Replay ability Medium

I could see replaying this game but not a lot. There really is no point except to find extra Easter eggs or too get all the medals for all the missions.

So there really isn't many reasons they put in as too why you would replay it but enough too keep you coming back. So I'd put a medium for replay ability.

That pretty much wraps up my second review. This is a truly inspirational game that hit the charts when it first came out and I'm pretty sure every one has had there good and bad memories while playing this game. Now the final question that needs to be answered is if you should buy or rent. The answer is simple buy. This game is clearly too awesome to pass up so get it NOW! Since this game is awesome I will give it a 9/10 for doing a smashing job but failing at the AI and multiplayer.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/26/11

Game Release: Medal of Honor Frontline (Player's Choice) (US, 12/31/06)