Review by JimmyPatterson

"This game is awesome!"

The gameplay is outstanding, it never gets old. The single player is long, difficult and intense. You will never get bored with it, and there is so much to do. Popping off useless Nazis is a definite plus in this game. One of the small drawbacks is the lack of blood and gore. I'm no history-goon, but I would say that there was a lot of bloodshed in WWII. It's war, EA, not pokemon. If you really want to represent WWII, get some blood and gore even if it spells a Mature rating. (and we know we're all mature, right?). You also get to take control of Machine guns and take out some Nazis. Sniping is a good thing, because you may want to be a little stealthier than just go in all guns-blazing. There is also some humor to it, in one of the levels, you go into a German bar (disguised of course), and the Nazis sing for you. You then knock off beer on to a glut and a fight ensues over the spilling. It's quite fun to watch, really. As mentioned before, some missions require you to be stealthy, you must acquire a disguise and then pretend to be German.

Controls: 8/10

The controls are hard to get used to if you're using anything but Classic MOH style. And if you like custom controls, you can do your own setup.

The sound is perfect. Need I say more? It goes with perfect the atmosphere and the gun sounds are right on the money. Some of the tunes are catchy and for any classical fan. Also, you may turn on translations for the non-German speaking folks.

This may suffer because of Multi-platform, mainly because it was ported from the PS2. It's still good, and there is a lot of detail. Everything is authentic as WWII, including guns, costumes, and events. I mean, you go through D-Day, and it's fully represented.

Multiplayer: 9/10

This is one of the advantages of owning the gamecube version. The other versions don't have the multiplayer option, highly comparable to Timesplitters 2 and 007: Nightfire. Vintage guns are intact. And, come on, it's always fun to pop a few friends without serving time.

Value: 10/10

It never gets old, and multiplayer is a big draw. Between this and SMB2, it gets my vote for Multiplayer.

Final Score: 10/10

This is a must-own for an FPS fan, and for multiplayer addicts alike. This won't leave your library for a while.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/17/03, Updated 04/17/03