Review by jeffjsm7

"One Of The Best War Games Out There!"

Medal of Honor: Frontline is a somewhat underrated game, considering it didn't get much attention. I don't understand why, because this is one of my favorite war games on the market.

One word to describe the gameplay is...realistic. In single player, you go from level to level trying to complete missions. You start off in the middle of D-Day, and it's an all out war...literally. You'll be blown away instantly at how realistic everything feels. Throughout the game, you'll find new weapons to choose from. Though there's not a ton of weapons, the ones they give you are just fine. The enemy A.I. is pretty good. You will have to be quiet around the enemy(in this case the German soldiers), or they'll hear you and instantly respond. Your teams A.I. is not as great as the enemies, but it's still alright. The levels are one of the best parts of the game though. They are big, realistic, and suspenseful, because you don't know if there is an enemy around the corner. The difficulty of the game is I guess average. Some levels are very easy, and some are very hard. Some are long, some are short. After each mission, you will get to see how many shots you fired, how many times you've been shot, and even where you shot each enemy. The menu screens are also nice and easy to comprehend. One of the best parts of the game is the multiplayer, sneaky, and snipe each other. In multiplayer you will get to choose from lots of characters, pick your weapons to use, and so on. The levels in multiplayer are chopped up versions of the single player levels, but are fun. The only downside about the gameplay is the length of the game. Even the average gamer could best it within five days. It's short, but sweet.

The graphics are also pretty good. The characters look very realistic, especially their heads. The levels are very detailed, and polished, and look great. The weapons also look real. I only have two minor problems with the graphics. First, the character movement is kind of weird at times. In multiplayer, your character will appear to be running in circles and shooting, even though all your doing is shooting. And even though the faces are realistic looking, they never really change their expressions.

I can't think of one bad thing about the sound. The music is amazing. It brings you right in to the whole feeling of war. In multiplayer, you can even choose what music you want to play. The character voices are well done, and accurate. The sound effects are very realistic. The explosions will make you jump, and the gun shots will make you duck. The sound is without a doubt the best part of the game.

The story is kind of self explanatory. Your a lieutenant, named Jimmy Patterson, and basically you've been sent to Germany to complete missions in war. Throughout the game you'll feel like you really are Jimmy, and this is your life. Along the way, you'll meet new friends(I guess you could call them that), but there is limited character development.

Controls: 9/10
Near perfect controls for a shooter. You can actually choose what kind of controls you want, and either set of controls works fine. The only problem is when your trying to aim, you get a little to shaky sometimes. Other than that, they are perfect.

Rent or Buy?
At a price of $20, I'd say defiantly buy. Even if you don't like shooters, this is a fun game that everyone should try.

Overall:
Pros:
-Realistic gameplay
-Good weapons
-Pretty good A.I.
-Great levels
-Fun multiplayer
-Realistic characters
-Detailed levels
-Excellent music
-Realistic sound effects
-Good character voices
-Near perfect controls

Cons:
*Some weird character movements and expressions
*Little character development
*Aiming is a little shaky sometimes

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/03/05