Review by WaterMario222

"Wai Wai Golf sounds funny. However, the North American name is Swingerz Golf."

Swingerz Golf is an above average golf game that is a nice alternative to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (which I prefer, however) that'll last you for a decent amount of time. It was released in 2002 by Eidos Interactive and is known as Wai Wai Golf and Ace Golf in Japan and Europe, respectively.

This unique style of golf is enjoyable for the first week, and then dies down into nothing more than a typical golf game. The first thing that you'll notice while playing this game is that the old "press A at the right time to hit the ball where you want it to go" method has vanished and been replaced by a new control system that requires you to move the C-Stick and release it to hit the ball. As in real golf, the type of ground you're playing on will affect how well you hit the ball and the obstacles that may trap your ball. Another factor that will play into your game is that the weather will change. Whether it's a bright sunny day, or a windy and gusty day, you can be assured that your golf game will change every time you play. Unfortunately, that fun lasts only for a week or two and then dies down into nothing more than a typical golf game. At this point, you'll probably want to return the game.

Like any typical golf game, Swingerz Golf have crowds that react accordingly depending on how you do. You'll hear the satisfying whack of your club and see your ball flying away. Also, the weather will make sound. Each course and place in this game has a different tune and sound that'll make each game unique and exciting. Some of the character's tag-lines are funny, but they really add that weird fun feeling into this golf game. There isn't enough variety, however, so beware of repetitive music and sound.

Not too bad, for one of those sports games. You can see each character's appearance and each one of them has a different shirt, pants, etc. Also, the courses are developed well and take the perspective technique into action. Depending on the weather, the graphics will change from a sunny, bright day, to a cloudy, threatening day. The characters look demented, (not necessarily a bad thing) and the stupid grin on their face makes me laugh.

Scores:
Replay: Above Average
Fun Factor: Average
Difficulty: Average
Final: 6/10

Swingerz Golf is a game that'll keep you playing that you unlock everything, and then set the game down for the rest of eternity. Seems like the perfect rental game to me. I hope the last sentence has stated what I'd do if I saw this game.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 06/08/05