Review by Uighdfghdefj

"The PSX games are better!"

This is a terrible game! After three awesome games the Spyro series was handed to a different company so now the fourth one sucks. At the beginning Spyro and his friends are celebrating the Day of the Dragonfly where baby Dragons get their Dragonflies. But then Ripto appears out of a random portal and teleports all of the Dragonflies away. I thought that Ripto drowned in lava in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!.

Ripto also looks stupid because in this game he has a gigantic nose.This company cannot even create their own villain! So anyways the only positive I could find is that this game actually has excellent graphics for the GameCube or PlayStation 2. Yet the music is annoying. There is only a few songs that play repeatedly and on some levels there is no music at all! There are also no more worlds. There is only one world with only nine levels (at least these levels are not short)! Also, they took out the idea of portals! On one level you go and help out thieves in their home. I thought that the thieves were enemies as depicted in Spyro The Dragon and Spyro: Year Of The Dragon. Also, now the enemies are called Riptocs instead of Rhynocs but they are the same enemies. The loading times in this game are so annoying. This game will load for almost five freaking minutes I mean jeez. The graphics on certain parts are actually not very good though like your legs while charging. And Spyro acts stupid. He will keep asking questions to learn things. Like why are there Gems on the ground and how do I fly? Well Spyro I thought you would have known this on account of you have already gone through three games!! Later in the game you will go a task for a Dragon and he will give you a Dragonfly. Wait a second, I thought that you were supposed to give the Dragonflies to the Dragons so if they already have them why are you even doing this adventure! The controls in this game are very stiff and it takes forever to turn around which is really annoying.

In the game you can get different breathes like ice, electric, and bubble. Yes, bubble breath which you use to collect Dragonflies. I mean they can do better than that! Also, the camera will act up in tight spaces where you will quickly be killed by “Riptocs”. Also, Spyro: Year Of The Dragon had four extra playable characters why did this game only have Spyro I mean if you add something that people like in one game why not do it in the next!? At the end of the game you will get in a battle with Ripto (the only boss in the entire game!) and you will defeat him yet again then he will escape through a small portal then it will get back to the party at from the beginning of the game and it will end.

Plot: 6.8/10
Music: 3.2/10
Graphics: 9.5/10
Multiplayer: N/A
Overall Score: 3.9/10 (not an average)

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 06/06/08

Game Release: Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (US, 11/08/02)