Review by Fox609

"Silent, but deadly."

Here's another wondrous game that proves that the Nintendo GameCube is NOT a ''kiddy system''... even if this game is available for everything under the sun.

Gameplay: Holy crap is this game hard, yet insanely easy. You will have a tough time with this game until you figure out wait you need to do. Stealth is an important part to this game, but if you are like me and you have a ''shoot first and ask no questions'' attitude, you do not have to rely on stealth entirely. If you choose to be a very sneaky person, you will more or less have to forego the use of weapons & mostly stick to your fibre wire & chloroform to dispatch the baddies.

Story: 47 has retired & now lives with a priest in Italy. Some mob guys decide to nab the priest & 47 comes out of retirement to save the priest. There are a couple of twists & we all know there's going to be a Hitman 3.

Graphics & Sound: The graphics are not the best that I've seen, but they are not horrendous. I see a lot of games with this caliber of graphics. Chances are, that you are not going to be bothered by them. The sound is good. Nice voice acting, a great score, and fair sound effects. You will probably recognize a lot of rehashed sounds from older shooters, but it's all good.

Replay Value: Here's where it gets interesting.. There are weapons to earn, but it is so damn hard that it is almost not worth it. I've waited hours trying to get one Silent Assassin rank, but it's no use. It is almost impossible to not alert the gauds. They seem omnipotent!

Final Verdict: This is a very good game, but it does have it's bugs here and there. I would love to find the people who made this game and slap them around a bit. The one thing I do not like about this game is the AI. As I said above, the gauds are omnipotent. One time I made it through the entire level without being seen by anyone, but all of the sudden the guards somehow know I'm there & they know exactly where I am & they start unloading bullets into me. Actually achieving a Silent Assassin raking seems to be more trouble than it's worth, but it's still a frustratingly fun game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/01/04