Review by MafiaReborn

"Don't let the Hitman franchise name fool you!"

Silent Assassin was released on all three home consoles (Playstation 2,Gamecube, and Xbox). For some reason, this version was tarnished by the annoying glitches and dumb enemy A.I. . Continue reading my review to see if this game is worth your hard earned cash.

The story begins when Agent 47 is retired and is now working at a church. The priest at the church is kidnapped and in order to get the information of where the priest is you have to do a couple of jobs for the agency. I thought kidnapping the priest was a kind of a lame idea because they made you do so many missions for just one guy and the missions just got plain boring.

This is where the game starts to go down the toilet.The enemy A.I. is just plain dumb. You can start to kill people in front of their faces and most of the times they won't even react.Sometimes, the enemies will just line up and start running at you and all you just have to do is hold down the trigger,leaving an open path for you to escape.The funny thing is sometimes, they will shoot anything in their way including their own allies.The most frustrating thing about this game is the glitches.The most common glitch you will find is the uniform glitch.This glitch makes the enemy A.I. think that you are walking around undisguised , when you really are disguised . The thing that makes me frown the most is the laziness of the programmers because it seems like they didn't double check their work for any errors.

Music: 8/10

The music is all computer done. There is no fancy orchestra here.But, the point is that the music gets the job done.

The graphics were average. But, i give the graphics a bad score because compared to the Playstation 2 and Xbox the Gamecube version should have been better than it was.It's disappointing because the graphics card is there to be used to it's maximum ability and in this game version nothing good is used out of the card.

It all comes down to two major decisions in the end.Should I buy it or rent it? If you are new to the Hitman franchise don't buy this version of the game because you will be mislead about the Hitman franchise. But, if you have owned the previous Hitman you should rent this game because you wouldn't want to spend $19.99 on frustration and complication would you? This game had the ability to shine and it did anything but shine.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 06/28/04