Review by metallica97

"Not worth renting. BUY IT!"

Finally a game you can buy and not get dust by sitting on your shelf. Great game.

Graphics - 8/10
The graphics on the GCN are I would say the best for Hitman 2. Excellent environments and the shading has been improved from the plain cpu versions. The graphics are not the best but what are graphics when you got such and fun game. And Hitman 2 will show you that graphics mean nothing. Its all gameplay...

Gameplay - 10/10
What can I say, The game is quite addictive, and challenging. You can play in two different ways. All depends on what kind of person you are. If you like stealth and sneaking around then this game is for you. And if you like running around like a mad man then this game also for you. The most fun I would say in this game would be the rag-doll physics the enemys have. You can blow them away and they bounce off the wall. It is very realistic in that sense.

Sound - 9/10
You can costumize the sound by turning the effects up or mix them however fits you best. Gun fire sounds load and real just like the real thing. The levels have their own music for its mood. All done by Jesper Kyd.

Control - 9/10
At first it takes like a day to get used to the controls, but in the long run it makes the aiming alot easier.You can aim with the C-Stick, and you move around (or strafe) with the control stick. There are two modes you can play in like First person or the third person (my fave).

Replay Value - 9/10
You will want to play this game again, trying to get Silent Assassin ranks. There is also 3 difficulty levels, for additional playtime. You could even go on a killing rampage on a level you've already done and not really get bored of it. There are also a ton of different ways to complete a mission, and the game is open ended. Every time you play a mission it is never the same as last time. The way the enemys are displayed may change if you do things differently.

Rent/Buy - Buy
Most definatly I would say buy this game. I own both the PC and GCN versions. And I would say, the GCN version is much better. Buy this game and I can almost garanty that you will still be playing it in 3 months. It gets very addictive.

OVERALL: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/27/05