Review by XarrinNM

"*Looks up Viewtiful in a dictionary*"

Well, Viewtiful is not yet in the dictionary, but with this game I wouldn't be surprised if its added. Viewtiful Joe is one of those games that comes along that looks very kiddy and dumb but ends up being the experience of a lifetime...

Masterfully done pseudo 2D 3D hybrid with a little Cel-Shading(very well Cel-Shading if I may add) on the side. There's nothing about Viewtiful Joe that doesn't look spectacular when it comes to the graphics. But, then again, It couldn't be called VIEWTIFUL if the graphics weren't at least up to par ;)

Action games like these really aren't build on they're stories, this of course has one but RPG story junkies will definitely not be happy with this(Then again WHY ARE YOU PLAYING AN ACTION GAME FOR A STORY!! :P). Basically your a movie-addict named Joe who takes his girlfriend Silvia to see a movie, during the movie Captain Blue(the movies hero) dies and the villain takes Silvia into the movie. At this point Joe jumps in and it turns into a regular ''save the damsel in distress'' story. But still it's kinda cool with the whole movie scenario thing going on.

I haven't had this much fun playing a game of this type since DMC 1(yes it's been that long) and even though I was skeptical at first this game lives up to the hype and beyond. Basically the games best gameplay features revolve around three things: Slow, Mach Speed, and Zoom. I won't really get in depth with them(since they're self explanatory) but lets just say they are, by far, THE coolest aspects of this game and one of the coolest aspects of any game I've ever played(It DESTROYS Matrix's bullet time in every way). Joe does things that you could only DREAM of doing and that is what makes this game so fun to play. Everything in the game is very very fun and makes you want to keep going back for more.

The sound is very well done in most aspects, the only downfall is the voice acting which is very hard to understand (and the fact Joe sounds like a 12 year old). Still the voice acting is well done but I just wish I could hear the very few times people speak in the game But the sound in slow and mach speed is very very well done and sounds exactly as I would expect it if time were slowed down or sped up.

Control: 10/10

Masterfully done controls, easy to get used too, good button placement, very responsive. It may take a little bit to get used to some things though (like slowing and zooming at the same time) but after a little bit it's really easy to get used to. Not much bad you can say about the controls.

Difficulty: 10/10

Now you can perceive this either way, if your a casual gamer the 10 means its extremely frustratingly hard. For hardcore gamers it means FUN GALORE! There's nothing a true game wants more then a challenge, and you definitely get one out of Viewtiful Joe.

Replayibility: 10/10

Like I said in gameplay you'll just want to keep coming back to this game for a long time, it's so much fun that after you beat the game you want to play it again. Also all the secret characters and features to look forward to will definitely make you want to replay it over and over again.

Overall: 10

This game is definitely worth the measly price of $40 and you'll enjoy every last minute of it. Even if you are not a fan of this genre it's still a game for all ages and all people as it's one of the most fun and innovative games of the past 2 years. There is almost no way you cannot be happy with this game.

Buy/Rent: