Review by kingdodongo1

"A game that can only be described as perfect. And it still deserves more."

Some games are just so good, you overlook any problems that it may have. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, is not one of those games. This game is so good, I couldn't find a single flaw through my 15 times playing the game. I never liked Zelda until I played this game. I now own every Zelda that has come out since. I played it at my friends house. This game was my reason for buying a Gamecube.

In the good old days of 1998, the graphics in Ocarina of Time were obscenely good. Any game that could provide clean 3-D graphics looked great, but even after all those years the game still looks beautiful from a more artistic standpoint. All of the characters look good because they are all unbelievably believable. They don't look real, they look cool and creative. However the background and landscape are what really make this game look outstanding. They look superb and actually make you want to stop for a minute and just enjoy the view. All around one of the most artistically creative and captivating games I've ever played.

The sound design is also incredible and totally unmatched. As is the par in Zelda games, there is no voice acting. However, I fell that this allows you to make the character sound however you want him to sound. Moving on, the sound effects such as splashing water, a monsters snarl, or birds chirping high in the sky, are all done fantastically. You know the sound is astounding when you find moments to listen and take in the living, breathing world around you. Then, there's the best part of the sound design: The Music. This game has the best music in any game...ever. This game has music that, literally, will make you think. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but you will understand if you experience the outstanding soundtrack in this game. The best sound/music ever produced by a game.

Here is where the game really shines. The Story. Well, you play as Link. You are told by the Great Deku Tree that evil is pervading the land. After some events unfold, you are sent to Hyrule Castle to meet Zelda, the princess of Hyrule. Upon your arrival you learn even more information that I would prefer not to spoil. You now have to save Hyrule by finding three magical items. You find them, and that's about all I can tell you without ruining the story. Let's just say there will be plenty of crazy plot twists, memorable characters, and the best ending ever in a game. The story will make you say stuff like "wow" and "are you serious" on many occasions. You'll love every moment of it.

The game play is also fantastic. This game has a perfect controller layout that you can get used to extremely quickly. There is also a cool new L-Targeting feature which allows you to lock onto an enemy, and attack or block accordingly. The controls are fantastic and thats all I really have to say.

The Master Quest is really the same game with cool additions for a master of the original (like myself). Anyway, all of the out door environments are unchanged, along with any outdoor item locations. The story and characters all stay in there original forms. The change is in the dungeons. They are all mangled and twisted around to form new, mind-bending dungeons that will push your skills to the limit.

This game is unbelievable. If you don't own it, go out and buy it right after you finish reading the review. If you don't own a Gamecube, thats no excuse. You should go out and by that as well. If you are one of those people who says Zelda is lame and lacks action, I strongly pity your ignorance. I promise you will not feel that way after playing this game, so I beg you to give it a chance. This is the best game ever made, and saying anything different is a horrible lie. THIS GAME IS PERFECT.

I give it 10 best games ever made...out of 10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/09/08

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest (US, 02/28/03)