Review by MegaPerfectCell

"Incredible since 1998"

Since 1998, this game has been rated the best ever by many many people. Received the most preordered ever, according to the guiness book of world record. Now it's back on Nintendo Gamecube!

2003, Zelda: Ocarina of Time makes a come back, this time, remixed, with the freshness still intact. Though, some people like the original version more, it's on the disc as well. Master Quest is a quite challenging version of the 1998 ''Game of the Year'' Zelda: ocarina of Time (OoT).

-Graphics-
I must say it's beautiful. Though, frame rate remains the same as it did on Nintendo 64, the graphics have been remastered in High-Resolution. Though, the Hyrule Market scene still looks blurry, but honestly, it shouldn't matter. The graphics still look as beautiful as they ever did. A lot of the items looks a tad shinier than they did before, as you'll notice when Link holds them over his head. The sparks which fly when you hit your sword against a wall or tree, look a bit more colorful and sharper than before, not as choppy.
10/10 for graphics

-Sound-
One of the best soundtracks for a video game ever. Not much has really been changed as far as the sound effects go. Still the good old enemy roars, clashing and swinging of swords. All seem to be accounted for. The Ocarina still sounds amazing. Bending notes, octaves, and just playing is straight out soundin' good. Link's screams sound great as ever.
10/10 for sound

-Gameplay- (includes Story)
It's Zelda, wonderful, amazing, compelling, fun, and sometimes challenging. The story is amazing, one that I didn't think had many flaws at all. You get an idea what each character's like, emotions, wants, needs, and sometimes flaws. This game invented any targeting system, and was even labeled the best in gameplay design. Kudos to you Nintendo! On Hyrule Field, you can even watch the sunrise and sunset, how cool is that?
10/10 for gameplay/story

-Control-
Takes some getting used to on the Gamecube controller, but the issue is, if you say the control sucks, it's your fault. Considering how nearly everything is customizable. Which is indeed good.
10/10 for me. and control.

Overall:
This game is amazing, lives up to the Zelda legend. It's truly amazing, every Zelda fan should own this, no questions asked. I love this game as well as many others. No game has matched this style of beauty. It looks great, plays great, sounds great, and IS great. Zelda is here at it's finest, don't pass it up, especially with the new Master Quest.

The game gets a whopping 10/10 - SIMPLY AMAZING!

Note: on the disc, there are some sweet previews for upcoming and released Gamecube titles, and a preview for Zelda: A Link to the Past/ Four Swords for GameBoyAdvance.

They're all sweet looking.

Thank you for reading my review, I hope you found it most helpful or kept your interest.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/09/03, Updated 02/09/03