Review by Junkie

"Ocarina of Time back again! Woot I say!"

I would hope if you got this game, you've played it before. Released in 1998, Ocarina of Time was an all time classic which brought many new Zelda fans to existence. Now it is back on the Gamecube with semi-enhanced graphics and a completely new mode! Master Quest takes you through the beloved OoT game with huge dungeon twists, making it much harder (especially without a strategy guide). Now for the actual review.

Gameplay: If you've played the original for N64, you'll know about ''Z-Targeting'' (now L-Targeting) and all the other staples you get with any Zelda game. It's a bit hard getting used to using the C-Stick for C-Buttons or using X, Y, and Z for C-Buttons, but you catch on quick. For advanced players, I'd recomend using hold lock on (you'll know what I mean after you play through using lock on half the time). Going through the huge environments is fun, considering all the hidden items and the such you can find. Overall, this is a well-developed adventure/action/RPG game. After getting used to the controls, the game becomes more of an adventure/rpg game, instead of fighting with the controller.
Score: 9/10

Story: Ganon is back again (known as Ganondorf in this game) and is terrorizing Hyrule now. You start off as the young pre-teen Link and go through dungeons to find the 3 sacred jewels. After that, the world is in chaos and it's up to you to defeat Ganon once again!
Score: 10/10

Graphics and such: Back in the 64-bit era, these graphics were superb, the best ever pretty much. They don't compare much with the new 128-bit games, but the graphics are still good. There is a fine choice of music throughout the game, and you get to learn music too. I was a bit disappointed in how they didn't add any new effects to it, but they did a fine job in transitioning it.
Score: 9/10

Replay Value: I personally went through this game at least 10 times, and it was still fun each time. After you've collected EVERYTHING and done EVERYTHING, then there are plenty of challenges left to do. I wouldn't play it over and over for months on end, but it lasts a while.
Score: 9/10

Buy or Rent: It's only $5 because all you have to do is reserve Wind Waker and you'll receive this game free. I don't even think it will be possible to rent, but it's not really publicly released yet, so I may be wrong. Definitely a must buy.

Overall: I loved this game and playing through Master Quest brings back so many memories and is so challenging that I decided to write a review for it. Unless you don't like reading stuff, this game will suit your every needs. If it had a football mode, hmmm.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/11/03, Updated 02/11/03