Review by cooldude345

"A Legend on the N64 Returns to the GCN"

Truly the best game I have ever played, period. I have yet to find a game that matches the story, gameplay, graphics, sounds and music, and impact this game has had on any system. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was first released on the N64, but now has come back on the GCN with even more power. It also includes two games: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Master Quest is basically a harder game with new puzzles and enemies.

Story 10: Once again, the evil Ganondorf has spread his evil throughout the land of Hyrule. The game starts out in the house of the main character Link, who also goes by ''The Boy without a Fairy'' in his hometown of Kokiri. The Great Deku Tree has been cursed and senses the evil and sends a fairy by the name of Navi to help and assist Link through his adventures. So it begins. The game spans through many, many environments including Death Mountain of the Goron's and Lake Hylia of the Zora's. Truly one of the easiest game to learn, and the hardest to master. In each new dungeon you get new weapons/equipment therefore making your quest against evil easier. As you progress through the game the story deepens as you travel through time and find out what the power of the Triforce can really do...

Gameplay 10: Great, smooth gameplay. Hardly any
glitches, if any at all. I haven't found a single thing to complain about.

Graphics 9: Basically the same as the N64's version, but sharper to to the Gamecube's Hardware. Very good overall though, but I wouldn't expect anyone to update the graphics of such a good game as Zelda, it hardly matters.

Sound and Music 10: No glitches, very smooth and flowing. Each new environment/dungeon has new music which fits the scene.

Final Impact 10: A great game made better, if at all possible. This game is near perfect and has very few weakpoints. I would HIGHLY recommend you buy seeing how it comes free with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker when you pre-order and also the fact that you probably won't beat it in one rental period. Not to mention its got two different games with the all new master quest. This is a great game that is still fun to play close to 5 years after its initial release on the N64. BUY IT NOW!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/11/03, Updated 02/11/03