Review by GameFreak903

"Something to keep you busy you till Wind Waker!"

When I heard that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was going to be on the Gamecube console with a master's quest option, I needed my copy right away. I went and reserved my Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker game and waited...impatiently for my copy. When I finally got my disk I was amazed at how well they incorporated this game. The game I loved so much on Nintendo 64 returned to me, with an all new Master's Quest, which rearranges dungeons and provides a whole new bunch of enemies. It was definitely well worth my...errr...one cent. That's right, one little cent.

GAMEPLAY: 10
No real change here, which is exactly what i wanted. Targeting and movement remains the same. The battle system hasn't changed a whole lot, it's mainly the controls. Love the gameplay.

GRAPHICS: 9
Though it doesn't have a really great new graphic design, it doesn't need one. The game is amazing, good graphics or not. It would have been nice to have an all new Ocarina of Time with improved graphics and detail, but it is really not necessary with this kind of game.

CONTROLS: 8
The incorporation of the controls from the Nintendo 64 to the Gamecube was a minor problem. It's a little tricky at first, but I think after you play a while, you will be slicing and dicing those spiders in no time. It just takes some getting used to.

SOUND: 10
Ah, the glorious sound is back. The slicing of signs, the moaning of redeads, and the wonderful background music we have known to love. Everything from the Nintendo 64 is coming right out of your speakers.

OVERALL: 10
With exception of the controls, this game is practically flawless. The Master's Quest is really something to keep you busy until the wonderful release of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for Gamecube. Though Master's Quest can be hard, fear not, for you can still play that good old Ocarina of Time. This way you can get used to the controls and the feel of the game before tackling the Master's Quest option.

Pretty much, this is a game well worth your penny. It will keep you busy till Wind Waker and also give previous Ocarina of Time players a challenge in their talents of controlling Link. The game is definitely worthy of the Zelda title and I'm sure it will be played by millions and millions of gaming fans all over the world.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/12/03, Updated 02/12/03