Review by starocean2nd

"A Zelda Masterpiece!"

I am reviewing one of the greatest games of all time,the Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. This game is even a little better than the original game for the Nintendo 64. They created new and harder dungeons for Master Quest. These are the only changes in Master Quest. There are also the original dungeons in another version. If you want to find out more read this review, and see what a masterpiece this game is.

Gameplay: 9.5/10

The most important part of a game, and this game excels just like the original. The game has wonderful dungeons. All of which have some of the best boss battles of all time. I was very impressed. Also, Master Quest really just put this game over the time. You have three ''C'' spots which you can put one of many of the great items. The items in this game fit in very well, and you wouldn't just use them in one dungeon. You use them throughout the game. Some of the classic ones are slingshot, arrows, hook shot, boomerang, and much, much more. There are many upgrades you can get from the Great Fairies. You can get upgrades like the spin attack, double defense, and magic. Magic plays a big part in this game, because there are many items which you need magic to use. As you progress through the game you will find an amazing amount of secrets and wonderful ideas the designers came up with. There are also pieces of heart. Each time you get four pieces of heart, you will get another full heart. These hearts represents your life. You also get a full heart container for every boss you defeat at the end of a dungeon. The normal battles aren't the best, but they are still fun. There are also different clothes. The red clothes make you immune to heat. The blue clothes make it so that you can breath underwater. The world of Hyrule is vast, so there is so much to do and explore. What else is there to say? This game is awesome when it comes to gameplay.

Another awesome part about this game. You start in your bed while a fairy named Navi wakes you up, and tells you that the Great Deku Tree has summoned him. First you need to find a shield and sword. I'll stop there because I don't want to give away spoilers, but the plot is just outstanding. The story isn't rushed or drawn out like some tend to be. This story has many twists and turns. You won't want to put your controller down. The characters are amazing. You may cry when they feel sad, or feel happy when they do. The story really pulls you in. There is a lot of drama and emphasis in the story. In my opinion this is one of the best stories ever made. Just fabulous. This is probably the best part in the game.

Sound/Music 9/10

There are some really neat and catchy zelda tunes. I'm especially impressed with all of the dungeon's music and the Lost Woods theme. My personal favorite is the Hyrule overworld theme. There is such originality there. The music is another great category in this stunning game. You will find yourself humming this music in the shower and almost anywhere else. There are one or two pieces of music that kind of get repetitive. Still a great job by the composers.

Graphics 9/10

The graphics in this had increased resolution from the Nintendo 64 version. This really does make a big difference. Objects look very smooth. The water effects are also very good. The character's facial features are very well done also. If this was on the the Nintendo 64, I would have given this a 10. However this is the Gamecube, I think they could have made the graphics slightly better. However the graphics are still great, so don't let this get in the way of you getting this.

Replay value 10/10

Yes, it is just that good. There are so many reasons to keep playing this game. First of all, since this game is so good I definitely just wanted to play it again. There are many sidequests like, getting the Biggoran's sword. There are also gold skullatas. I have had this game for a long time and STILL have not gotten all 100 gold skullatas. There are many hidden items and secrets. I have played through this game twelve or thirteen times. You will find yourself coming back to this game all the time.

Originality: 7/10

This is a remake of an already existing game so it is not the most original game. However Master Quest is a wonderful addition. The remade dungeons are stunning and challenging. Master Quest was a wonderful idea for a remake. That is the only change to the Master Quest version though. So even though it is not the most original game, it will not affect my score because that was the main purpose of this game.

Pros:

+ near perfect gameplay
+ one of the best stories
+ really good graphics
+ music is really catchy
+ wonderful replay value
+ great presentation of the story
+ riding Epona is so fun

Cons:

- battle system with normal enemies isn't great
- doesn't fully meet the gamecubes's graphic potential

Final recommendation:

Buy/Rent

Since you can't really rent or buy this, try and borrow it from a friend or something. The decision of remaking this game is ingenious. If you can get your hands on it, get it. I gave this a 10/10. This is NOT an average. Trust me you will really love this game. In my opinion this is the best Zelda game out there. If you don't get this you are really missing out on something amazing something. So do anything you can to get this game. Especially get this if you never played the original.

Gameplay: 9.5/10