Review by W0lfBl4z3B4n3

"Great and only Getting Better: An AWL Review"

Although people may complain that it has hardly any story. Thats exactly what the HM. Series is about, but this one in my own honest opinion has one of the best out of the series.

Control: 10/10

I am very impressed at how easy the controls to this game is. On most systems the controllers are too big, or thier sticks move a little too slowly to realy be any good. It was a very wise choice for them to put this game on the Gamecube. The controls are very easy to remember (even without the graphic on the top right), easy to use, and easy to just plug in and play without having to read what they do.

The sound, as it always has been was very very beautiful. I sometimes think that im in the area my charicter is. It was very well instrumented and placed.

Although the faces could have been alot better when up close, the grass is very boxy up close, and the fish were paper looking the game's graphics are very good. The ''bad faces'' are basicly becomming a style for the makers of the HM series. I realy enjoy the simplicity of them. Why waste time making the pimple n his left cheek have a blackhead when you can make the mountains, trees, and walkways beautiful? The grass, which i mentioned earlyer, isnt a bad deal. Notice i said Up Close...i only noticed how bad it was while going into first person (z button) on accident. But far away where the camera is supposed to be it is just as good as you expect it to be.

Ahh, the gameplay. The HM series has always been better than the one before it and this one is no exception. I love the realism of the game and many different activites we can enjoy per day. Be it mining, fishing, farming, milking, incubating, selling in your bazaar, talking with your loved one, feeding your dog, talking to the forest sprites, watching television programs, cooking, bartoring with Van, raising animals, making friends, teaching your child, and the many other activites, you will still have fun, the way YOU want to. The game only realy forces you to do one thing, get married. But everyone usualy did in the HM series anyway.

Replay: 10/10

Farmer, Fisherman, Dairy Farmer, Chicken Farmer, Tree Farmer, Miner, and Jack of all trades are all of the professions you can have while playing this game. Not to mention that if you wanted to..every one of those could marry a different girl..there are 3 so thats 8x3 times you could play the game..Not to also mentio nall of the professiosn your son can have...there are too many too list...that makes this game almost have infiniate different ways to enjoy it! Someone would be crazy to say that they could just put it on the shelf after beating it.

Addictiveness: 10/10

WARNING: This game may cause hours upon hours upon hours of Fun if combined with cup upon cup upon cup of caffine.

If your debating whether to buy this or rent it..Buy is realy the only option. I would recommend this to anyone. As a matter of fact. In real life if i was a farmer's son id STILL buy this game. Id play it every day in between my chores.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/21/04