Review by Silver2003

"This is suppose to be great."

I'll be honest, I was looking forward to this game. I've heard so many great things about it and was really excited when I finally got the chance to rent it. Unfortunately, this game turned out to be the complete opposite of what I expected and that's not a good thing.

Not bad. The graphics look pretty good and sport a decent amount of detail. Sam Fisher looks pretty good and the environments are not bad. Unfortunately though, the X-Box and PC versions look better which is unfortunate since GameCube is almost as powerful as X-Box. You would think it would at least look as good as the X-Box version. But at least it looks better than the PS2 version.

The sound is bland and nothing special. The voices are annoying and the gunshots don't sound realistic. At the same time, the sound at least isn't anything unbearable so it shouldn't completely bother you.

Gameplay? What a joke. This game has a horrible camera that can't even keep focus on your character. The stealth in this game wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so unrealistic. For one, you can't even run while carrying a gun. It also takes forever to line up a decent shot with your gun. It is also ridiculous that you can't even take enemy weapons or ammunitions from the guards that you kill or knock out. Seriously, you barely have any ammunition at all and run out quickly. I could go on forever, but I think you get the point that the gameplay is bad.

Lasting appeal/replayability: 1/10
This game is horrible and definitely not fun. As for replayablity, if you're able to play through the game one time I would consider that a miracle. There's no point in playing through this game a second time since this game is horrible. The only reason I was even nice enough to give this really awful game a 2 is just because the graphics are decent and the sound doesn't drive you completely insane.

Buy/Rent: Neither
Stay away from this game and don't be fooled by the hype. I was and I still sometimes kick myself for wasting money on this horrible game. I've played bad games before, but at least those games didn't have tons of hype surrounding them or receive rave reviews from magazines and websites. If you want to play a real stealth action game, then play Winback (which is underrated by the way) or play Metal Gear Solid.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 05/26/03, Updated 05/26/03