Anything similar to this game?

1. Has anyone played anything remotely like this game and if so what was it called and would you suggest it as a must play? Provide detail.

User Info: flayer6

flayer6 - 7 years ago
    I haven't played Animal Crossing so I don't have the right to disagree. I thought Animal Crossing to be more like a Sims game that doesn't stop playing when you turn off the system. Isn't it more accurate to say it's a Sims-like game, as opposed to having objectives and an ending like Chibi? In terms of being off-beat, cute, etc. I think Earthbound fills the void here.

User Info: flayer6

flayer6 - 7 years ago
    I've heard of but not played a game called Chulip for PS2. Sounds as weird and amusing. I'll buy and play one of these years.

User Info: flayer6

flayer6 - 7 years ago
    Korea - Are you referring to Drilling Dozer? The character's name is Jill. See:
    video.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=158

It doesn't quite seem like Chibi (but I've never played it). Is there a family element or dynamic present in this game, similar to what's in Chibi? Thanks.

User Info: flayer6

flayer6 - 6 years ago
    Now playing Mr. Mosquito for PS2. Not exactly the same gameplay and not quite as in depth, yet has some similarities, but it does have that very same odd family dynamic that made Chibi stand out so much. Btw, $2.99 at GS/EB.

User Info: flayer6

flayer6 - 6 years ago
    In regards to an odd dynamic of character or family, I think Chulip wins out. Another game that has a strange familial aspect is Incredible Crisis

User Info: flayer6

flayer6 - 3 years ago

Answers

1. Animal Crossing. You live in a town, with a name of your choice (both town and character name) and make the town a better place. It's not really cleaning, like "Chibi-Robo!" but it's very fun. You can get it for DS, Gamecube and Wii
    Titles:
    Gamecube - Animal Crossing
    DS - Animal Crossing : Wild World
    Wii - Animal Crossing : City Folk

User Info: TeddieBearz

TeddieBearz - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. well chibi-robo park patrol is out for DS but its not as good as the original

User Info: blooperboy01

blooperboy01 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Animal Crossing has already been said...
    Harvest Moon (farming, actually not bad), Amazing Island (monster making).

User Info: Axemonster1

Axemonster1 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. As Axemonster1 says Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life are really like this game.

User Info: loujoelou

loujoelou - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. I think that Drilling Jill (or whatever it's called) is just as fun, but chibi robo is still the most fun. :)

User Info: KoreaneseBanana

KoreaneseBanana - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. Okage: Shadow King(PS2) is one that hasn't been mentioned yet. Although It's only a tiny bit similar to Chibi-Robo in terms of gameplay, it definitely has that unique feel to it that makes you say "Woah, I've never played anything quite like this before!". It's a traditional turn based RPG, but it's really, really bizarre with an art style very reminiscent of Tim Burton. It has a very odd but very funny sense of humor, and it's really fun too. Load times are a little long for my tastes, but you get used to it.

User Info: Spike

Spike - 2 years ago 0 0
  7. If you like it the same reason I do (a focus on amazing sidequests) try Majoras Mask.

User Info: EpicTurtle

EpicTurtle - 5 months ago 0 0