Question from flayer6

Anything similar to this game?

Has anyone played anything remotely like this game and if so what was it called and would you suggest it as a must play? Provide detail.

flayer6 provided additional details:

I haven't played Animal Crossing so I don't have the right to disagree. I thought Animal Crossing to be more like a Sims game that doesn't stop playing when you turn off the system. Isn't it more accurate to say it's a Sims-like game, as opposed to having objectives and an ending like Chibi? In terms of being off-beat, cute, etc. I think Earthbound fills the void here.

flayer6 provided additional details:

I've heard of but not played a game called Chulip for PS2. Sounds as weird and amusing. I'll buy and play one of these years.

flayer6 provided additional details:

Korea - Are you referring to Drilling Dozer? The character's name is Jill. See:
video.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=158

It doesn't quite seem like Chibi (but I've never played it). Is there a family element or dynamic present in this game, similar to what's in Chibi? Thanks.

flayer6 provided additional details:

Now playing Mr. Mosquito for PS2. Not exactly the same gameplay and not quite as in depth, yet has some similarities, but it does have that very same odd family dynamic that made Chibi stand out so much. Btw, $2.99 at GS/EB.

flayer6 provided additional details:

In regards to an odd dynamic of character or family, I think Chulip wins out. Another game that has a strange familial aspect is Incredible Crisis

Answers

TeddieBearz answered:

Animal Crossing. You live in a town, with a name of your choice (both town and character name) and make the town a better place. It's not really cleaning, like "Chibi-Robo!" but it's very fun. You can get it for DS, Gamecube and Wii
Titles:
Gamecube - Animal Crossing
DS - Animal Crossing : Wild World
Wii - Animal Crossing : City Folk
0 0

blooperboy01 answered:

well chibi-robo park patrol is out for DS but its not as good as the original
0 0

Axemonster1 answered:

Animal Crossing has already been said...
Harvest Moon (farming, actually not bad), Amazing Island (monster making).
0 0

loujoelou answered:

As Axemonster1 says Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life are really like this game.
0 0

KoreaneseBanana answered:

I think that Drilling Jill (or whatever it's called) is just as fun, but chibi robo is still the most fun. :)
0 0

Glitch/Bug in the game? Open GamingFan19
What's the creepy twiching plant behind the screen in the master bedroom? Open 360wisconsin
Drake Redcrest? Unanswered MrLegoMan30
How do u get the great peekoe sticker? Answered destroyah898
Dinah still moping? Open 1nvderZim