Review by CyberNeoLink

"Although this is one of the weirdest games I've played, is also one of the most entertaining."

Hi! Welcome to my review for the game Chibi-Robo. Note that this game is not for the "hardcore" gamer. is more for a more laid back, easy-willing-to-try-new-innovative-game types kind of person. Like me! This game was announced many months ago. I saw previews and thought that the thought of controlling a tiny 3 and a half inch robot and doing house hold chores was fun. So I asked for it on my birthday (today the 18th) I'm telling you I was NOT disappointed with this adorable game. Now on to the game's specs.

I'm telling you I was not impressed with the graphics. The GameCube can do way better than this. For example, the characters are sorta polygonal. Sure better graphics for this game would have been nice but come on who really cares about graphics?

This is one of the things that really brought me into this game. Here is the story" The Sandersons are a weird family. Their 8 year old daughter Jenny dresses like a frog and talks like one. The father is an unemployed addicted toy maniac. The mother is a nervous wreck trying to manage the family's finances and whatnot and trying hard to make sense out of her weird family. Enter Chibi Robo, the 3 and a half inch wonder! Cheebo is given to Jenny on her 8th birthday by her father. Chibi-Robo was designed to make families happy. This seemed like the perfect family to make happy don't you think?

This game's story is different than other games I've played. Is a fun story that would draw you into this game instantly. That is the reason this game got a perfect story score.

Game play: 10/10
What's not to like about this game play?! You are Chibi-Robo. You do chores around the house such as throwing trash, cooking, and cleaning. Sounds boring? It actually isn't. Is way more than I expected. You get a lot of gadgets to help the Sandersons and get happy points and Moolah (cash) Chibi-Robo has a wonderful game play that would keep you occupied for weeks. Because games are so easy nowadays aren't they?

Controls: 8/10
This game's controls are not so simple. Sometimes I get confused in the button configuration. Sure the controls are a bit tough at first but you'll get used to them. Too bad you can't configure the controls in this game.

Music: 9/10
The music is very nice with this game. Looks like Nintendo and Bandai really put some effort in this game's music. The tunes are very weird at some times hence the not perfect score but it will not make your ears bleed.

The Final Verdict

Game Play: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Controls: 8/10

BUY OR RENT?
I'll say if you are the hardcore gamer, rent this game first. If you are willing to try other kinds of games then jump in. You will not be disappointed.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get me some more Moolah!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/21/06