Review by thesmark

"The kind of game no one else would have taken a chance on"

Well, when I bought Chibi Robo, I had no idea what to expect coming out of it. I am pleased to say I loved it. This is the kind of odd, quirky game that SCREAMS Nintendo, and no one else have taken a chance on, because it is so different. On to the ratings:

Control: 9/10

Controls are easy to use, and I got used to them as soon as I picked it up. The only thing keeping this from being a 10 is the fact that it is sometimes difficult to shoot the spydrz from close range

What was the most pleasant surprise about this game for me is the great story behind it. This is the kind of game where you HAVE to do all the sidequests to get everything out of it. The Free Rangers, Cpt. Plankbeard, Jenny, and many others all have great personalities and really have fun depth to them. You want to help everyone, as it is the objective of the game, but it is more than that: You WANT to become the best Chibi Robo in the world. You have a good sense of drive.

Replay Value: 6/10

After you have all the stickers and completed the missions and sidequests, there isn't a lot there since it is single player. But it takes you a while to complete everything, so it isn't too much of a problem

Enjoyment: 10/10

How would have thought that doing chores could be so much fun? The main part of your day consists of cleaning up after your family, the Sandersons, and preforming oddjobs. But you also explore the house, picking up new tools and objects and talk with people and toys at night. Few games have had me smiling as much as this one.

The sound effects are fantastic. When Chibi Robo walks, he makes noises, and they give his character another layer. When he scrubs, climbs or recharges, the sound is all great. The voices (or lack there of) can get on your nerves, but it isn't frequent enough to be bothersome.

If you have a Gamecube, and love free exploration type games, this is for you. This reminded me of a Will Wright game, because there is no time limit, there is no way off dying, just the fun of exploring. A gem that you should not pass up.

Eric "Four of Two" Darling