Review by wiimaster444

"The best game to grace the Gamecube."

Disclaimer: Hello people this is my first ever review for Gamefaqs so don't flame me please.

This is the best game ever to be released in my opinion, but yours may vary. I hope to persuade those who are considering buying this game to get it!!! I really think it would be worth your time to buy it. At the very least rent it first so you can experience it for yourself. On to the review!!!

Story: Welcome to the world of Pikmin!!! We join our hero the esteemed Captain Olimar after he made it off a very distant planet was stranded on while on an interstellar vacation. However, now his job is in jeopardy. While he was gone, his employer, Hocotate Freight, has hit financial troubles after a little mishap with their new employee, Louie.

When he was delivering golden PikPik carrots on the Ship, he was attacked by a space bunny!!!*gasp* Hocotate freight had to take out an enormous loan to repay the debt and now is in danger of bankruptcy!!!!!!

Now it's up to Olimar and Louie to return to the Planet of the Pikmin and find enough treasure and beast carcasses to pay off this massive debt!!!! Not much story, but it sets the premise of the game and is certainly a better story then the last one.

Game play: Pikmin 2 is a RTS on the ground. No godlike moving and commanding and camera this time around. You are down there with the troops, giving the little communists orders.

Pikmin will never tire or wear out while you use them for slave labor and troops.
Joining us from the first are red, yellow and blue. Now we have two new minions to pick on. They are Purples, heavy bruisers and the backbone of the Pikmin regime, and Whites, speedy little buggers who are immune to poison.

Olimar himself now gets a minion in the form of Louie. That's right, now there are two (communist dictators) captains to boss them around. Now you don't have a time limit either!! That means you can now use or waste time however you want to!!! The Ship, however, now talks and that is pretty annoying.

Music/sound: Not much to say here. The music works in the field, but cave music is boring. Boss music is better but repetitive. The sound is very good. Olimar found his voice over the last few years and that is not a bad thing. Again, the Ship is annoying when it “talks”.
Graphics: The graphics are really good. All the areas are really realistic. The Pikmin and Captains are nice to look at. The beasts are some eye candy too. They all look different and fresh compared to the last game.

Lasting appeal: Does it have any good reason to play it after you beat it? Oh yeah!!! After you pay off the debt, you can go back to the planet and collect all 201 treasures. There is also Challenge mode and 2-player battle! This game will leave you coming back for more. The game is huge!!

In conclusion, the game is one of the best buys out there. If you can get it, buy it!! I've seen it at Game Stop and you can probably get it online. This game gets a 9.9/10!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/15/11

Game Release: Pikmin 2 (US, 08/30/04)