Review by Super Brakk

"Nintendo Gaming At It's Best"

Pikmin 2, to say the least, is a great gaming experience. It features all the aspects of a great game, and more. I've been a devout Nintendo follower for a while. I guess Pikmin 2 is my reward. Here is a breakdown of what makes Pikmin 2 such an enjoyable game:

Audio- 8/10

The sound, as in the original Pikmin, is wonderful. The music and melodies are beautiful, and the sound effects and enviromental audio effects are top-notch. The tunes are soft and match the mood for the area. Wonderfully deep. The music is a bit subdued sometimes, leaving a soundless area. Besides that, it's great.

Visuals- 10/10

Probably the most drop-dead gorgeous enviroments on the GCN. Leaves and grass sway in the wind, and water flows smoothly. Pikmin and character animations are all very nice , as are the cut scenes. A graphical triumph. Screenshots and videos just can't do it justice. Any graphics junkie will love this game to death. Nintendo fans, now is our chance to show off what our little black and blue [and platinum] boxes can do.

Gameplay- 9/10

Like the original, but adds even more ingredients to the recipe. The addition of two new pikmin colours, as well as the removal of the 30 day limit takes the gameplay to a higher level. Subterannean dungeon style areas are also a blast, but I feel that they get a bit plain and dull after a while visually. Fun nonetheless. Also, the game is terrifically original. Besides the first Pikmin, it's just about impossible to find an experience quite like it. Multiplayer is a blast. One of GCN's best party games.

Overall- 9/10

A superb game, even if you haven't played the original. Pick it up. You won't regret it. One of the finest, most original games to be seen anywhere in a long time. I would give it a 10, but of course, no game is perfect. But this is pretty damn close.

By Super Brakk