Review by DarkArtist1

"A Fine Tribute to a Kirby Fan's collection. Simple, yet fun!"

Well, this game is, in my opinion, one of the best Kirby games out there. The controls are simple, but effective. The fact that the graphics are simply gorgeous helps as well. But lets get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we?

GRAPHICS: 10/10
The graphics meet the expectation that every hardcore gamer expects from a GCN game: AMAZING. This game is one of the few that I have seen with bright, beautiful, but simple graphics that still looks good. The curves of Kirby and friends body's is perfectly round, unlike some games out there;) Anyway, this games graphics are gorgeous, and then some.

SOUND: 8/10
The music is good for a Kirby game. Problem? Too quiet. Often, you can't hear the music over the sound of the crowd cheering, the air ride machines zooming along, and the constant rucus that is the sound of battle. But,, if you listen to sound test, you will find some great music.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
The controls are simple, which makes this game fairly easy to play.Hit A near an enemy to swallow, hit A to use powers, hit A to charge a boost... amazing what you can do with a single button! Also, your vehicle moves automatically, giving you more time to plan ahead on your next move to annoy your opponents. Overall, this is simple, but very effective.

STORYLINE: 6/10
This game has almost no story what so ever. That can put a damper on your spirits, sure, but do you get Nintendo Power? If you do, then you will know from a recent issue (I think it was Sept. issue...) that the story is this: Dedede is really PO'ed over Kirby and his Warpstar, so he finds out where it is hidden: Inside the Great Kabu. So, Dedede tells that to the creepy guy on the TV, and that guy sends down a really big flying saucer loaded with Air Ride machines. Now, the game picks up where the comic left off. Not to bad, but the fact that there is no in game storyline kinda sucks.

OVERALL: 8.5
I know that on the review selection I said this game gets a 9, but you can only put two figures in your overall score thing, so I couldn't put 8 . 5, see? So I rounded up. But seriously, this game is great for the whole family. Trust me on this one. Only thing preventing a 10 is the lack of plot and story and such. But it's great for parties!!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/17/03