Review by Spitball Sparky

"Kirby games are always fun. This one keeps the tradition going!"

I like this game a lot. It is very fun! This is like any other racing game, except with fun stars to ride, cool powers to use and many different ways to play. Some people may say that this game is ''kiddy'' which is okay. This is as good a time as any for me to say that games like this are why I got the Gamecube versus the X Box or Playstation 2. No need for violence.

Story: Umm. There is no story. It doesn’t even mention it in the manual. So I guess this category is pointless in this review. Oh well!

Graphic-10/10: This game has really fun graphics. Kirby and his friends look cute and bouncy! The graphics are bright, cheerful and fun to look at! They fit the mood of the game.

Gameplay-10/10: There are three different ways to play this game. I will tell you about all of them.

Air Ride: This game is like any other racing game like Mario Kart or F-Zero. Kirby and his friends can use their classic copy ability to mimic the powers of their opponents. There are many different stars to ride too. Pick the one that fits your style. For example: The Warpstar is a very rounded choice. The wheelie bike on the other hand is faster, but is harder to control.

Top Ride: This one is fun for playing with your friends. You can see the whole course on the screen and you look at it form a birds eye view. There are no copied abilities in this mode, but there are fun items to pick up.

City Trial: This mode is like two games in one. First you go to a city where you can find a new warpstar to ride or power up the one you have. After time is up, you go to a random challenge (like a demolition derby or a one lap race) to battle your opponents. You can also choose to enter the city by yourself and try out the different warpstars. City Trail is also the only mode in the game where you can play as Kirby without a warpstar. Kirby can fly, run and walk when he isn't on a warpstar.

Replay Value-9/10: This game will keep you coming back for more. I guarantee you'll like it. You can also play with your friends and family over a LAN if you have a Broadband Adapter. Sorry. The Modem Adapter won't work. My sympathy goes out to all of you AOL users who bough Modem Adapters for Phantasy Star Online and they didn't work. (I included)

Overall-9/10: This game is very fun. Personally, this is my favorite Gamecube game so far. The only thing I can find wrong is that there aren’t enough abilities to copy. Then again I’m used to playing Kirby Super Star where there are 30+ powers. Oh who cares? 10/10 for this game! Yay!

Note: If you are trying to find a Broadband Adapter let me give you some advice on where to find it. They are now discontinued. Try store.nintendo.com if you want to buy one. I just thought I’d let you know since I had a hard time finding one. Have fun!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/18/03

Would you recommend this Review? Yes No
Add Comment No Comment
Comments are sent anonymously - 140 character max.