Review by Turbo Kirby

"Kirby? Racing? GREAT combo!"

I haven't even bought this game yet, I just rented it, but I know for sure, that I will get it. This game differs a lot from most of the previous Kirby games. Why? Because this is a racing game. Some might think that Kirby and racing just shouldn't go together are very, very wrong. This game is incredibly fun to play! I was surprised by it, but it was amazingly entertaining.

Controls: - 10/10

Come on, you only have to use two buttons - the control stick and A. Wherever you are, all you have to do is to move the control stick around to go wherever you want. You can use A to use a boost, but be careful, because it will slow you down. Hey, it can't be too easy. Also, if you are near an enemy, when you use A, then you can take its power! To spin around, you rotate the control stick. If you can't handle THESE controls, then you really shouldn't be playing video games.

Gameplay: - 10/10

There are some rough spots at some places, but it hardly even affects this great gameplay. Fine, fine it is not difficult at all, but it is great when a game is easy and fun. The best combination. The different vehicles you can choose from allow you to go faster, fly higher, turn better, and so on. Also, your enemies powers contribute to this. When you have different powers, you have more fun, contributing to a better gameplay.

Graphics - 9/10

Okay, so this could have been better, but not by much. I personally find the colors in Kirby's Air Ride vivid and colorful. The lava seems like it's about to blow up, the water really looks like it is flowing downstream. I think that the actual Kirbies could have been better graphic wise, just because I have seen Kirby looking better than he did in this game. However, he doesn't look bad, so it was good.

Sound - 10/10

You've got to agree, this game has got an excellent selection of music. I was surprised when I didn't hear any of the expected ''Kirby music'' but I'm all for change if it means for these tunes. It's not just the music either, all of the sounds you hear while racing make up some great sounds. All of the stuff sounds real (like when the water is flowing, or when you are flying through the air.) How could I not give this a ten out of ten?

Multiplayer - 10/10

Seriously, like most racing games, it comes with a multiplayer mode. Some of these, however, are not that great. But this one is. My friend and I had an excellent time racing our Kirbies against each other, and the courses are very fun to race in, so it does not really get boring! I wish it had a few more course selections, but still, this game comes with a superb multiplayer.

Replayability - 10/10

No argument here, Kirby's Air Ride can be played again, and again. Why? Because, for one thing, you can not beat it. All you do is race, so you can just race over and over. With some games, this can get boring, but this one does not. You can play for days at a time without blinking because you do not want to miss a single second of this game.

Buy or Rent:

Hmm, would I give this game a perfect score if I wanted you to rent it? Of course not! This game was MEANT to be bought. I don't care if you have to borrow someone's money, I don't even care if you don't have a Gamecube, but go out and get this game! (and a Gamecube also if you don't have one!)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/03