Review by Luketheman5

"Two Snakes Are Better Then One"

Introduction:

Metal Gear Solid is a stealth game. Originally made for the Playstation This time around however, it has been remade for the Gamecube with lots of extras. But how good is this remake? Read on and find out.

Gameplay:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is a stealth game. You must sneak around enemy headquarters without being seen or else you get at least 5 guards chasing after you and chances are you won't survive. This game is made from beginners to experts with difficulties from "Very Easy" to "Extreme" modes available. The camera is great and makes your sneaking mission fun to pull off.

The controls however are quite different from the Playstation counterpart and take quite awhile to get used to. But I guarantee they will be second nature to you eventually. In this remake it adds a lot of things from Metal Gear Solid 2. Like hanging mode and first person aiming which makes the game much more easier. But may disappoint some fans.

Story:

The story is exactly the same, with barely any changes. You basically control the legendary soldier who goes by the code name "Solid Snake". You must infiltrate Shadow Moses, a secret nuclear weapons storage facility. Rescue two hostages, find out if the enemy have the ability to launch a nuclear bomb, and if they do, stop it. Along the way you will encounter many tense and cool moments along with massive plot twists.

Graphics:

The graphics have been updated since the Playstation version. This time around they have used the Metal Gear Solid 2 graphics engine. The cinematics are amazing, but may disappoint some fans due to Matrix like actions. I however did not mind this at all and it made the scenes more enjoyable in my opinion. The in-game graphics are also wonderful. There are a few flaws but nothing to ruin the whole game for you.

Play Time/Replayability:

This game can last you from 10-15 hours your first time, depending on how good you are and if you skip any scenes. I personally have replayed this game many times, but you might not want to. The replayability is basically all up to you.

Final Recommendation:

I would recommend this game to any people starting the series from Metal Gear Solid 2 like me, wanting to start the series the first time or if you just want this remake for its updated graphics. I would recommend buying this game, but since it is quite rare where I live you might end up renting it. If you can though I would recommend searching for it. In my opinion it's worth it. If you are trying Metal Gear Solid for the first time however I would recommend a rental. I personally bought this game because I enjoyed the other in the series and I haven't regretted my purchase.

On a final note, I rate this game a 9. It is a great remake in my opinion.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/05/07

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (EU, 03/26/04)