Review by churchfan93

"Not quite Gear, but still a great game..."

Ah yes, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. An almost perfect game, but it still has a few minor flaws. While it is easy to get engrossed in the game, it doesn't quite have the MGS feeling in that there is a bit too much Matrix-esque moves and that it is extremely short. The plot has pleasant twists without getting too confusing, and the graphics are well done for the gamecube. On to the review!

Graphics - Now, I'm not a big graphics-make-a-game person, but I must say that these are very good for Gamecube and the cutscenes were quite impressively done. I was awestruck when I saw the scene after battling Ocelot and I was determined to see more by the end of the day. I was always rewarded with brilliantly done animations loaded with dramatic effects. 10/10

Sound - The VA was great, of course, but the music was where the real treat was at. It was very nice and dramatic, or sad if the situation warranted, but was altogether composed well. There's not a whole lot to say about it except that it worked perfectly. 10/10

Gameplay - Here is where many people are not happy with the game, and I too have only a couple problems. As I said before, the Matrix-esque cutscenes seemed to slightly stray from the more military/commando feel that Snake used to have, although it did enhance the feeling of the game somewhat. Other than that, the controls and everything seemed to stay with tradition and worked well with the GC controller. 9/10

Replayability - Due to the fact that you can get all kinds of bonuses/powerups after completing the game, it is definitely worth going back and playing it as many times as you want. (Warning: It is a very short game, so make sure that you enjoy it while it lasts.) 9/10

Cost - Now here is the largest problem. Although this is a great game, it shouldn't be sold for 50 dollars IMHO, but I was able to get mine from a friend for twenty. If you can find a good enough price, definitely buy it, but it is still not worth a day or two's wages. It is for GC, after all... 7/10

Well, there it is. A game that is definitely enjoyable and fun to play, though it may only take you four hours to beat it. If you can find it for twenty bucks, definitely buy it! If not....uh...borrow it?

Final Score: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/11/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (US, 03/09/04)