Review by JediWookiee1257

"Twin Snakes is a great remake of the 1986 classic"

Twin Snakes is a remake of the 1986 version of Metal Gear Solid. Many people speculated on whether or not this was going to be a good game, considering MGS was hailed as one of the best games of all time, how could it get any better? It has gotten better. In fact, I think its better than the original. Silicon Knights fused MGS with MGS2:SOL to make one hell of a game. Now on with the review.

Graphics 9/10

The graphics have greatly improved. The character models are crystal clear and the environments look outstanding. Thats really all there is to say about this area of the game.

Controls 6/10

Ouch. This is the one area that could have been improved. The gamecube controller can sometimes feel confusing if your used to the layout of the controller from the PS2. The controls are terrible, but simple tasks like ducking and crawling can be tedious and often I find myself very frustrated in the heat of battle.

Sound 9/10

I love the sound in this game. The only downside is the lost accents, which played a major role in the original. If this game had kept the accents I would have given this area a 10.

Gameplay 10/10

Yes, I know I have problems with the controls but the addition of the features available in MGS:SOL more than makes up for it. I really enjoyed the gameplay in this game. Shooting is much easier now thanks to the new first person mode. Some people complained about this and said the game would be too easy, but it works great. Some other features added include the ability to hang on ledges, brand new cutscenes, and you can now collect dogtags for hidden surprises. This increases replay value drastically, as it is something vets have a chance to do.

Replay Value 10/10

even though this game has a tedency to be rather short in length, you will find yourself going through the game multiple times in order to get all the endings and unlockables, plus you can collect all of the dogtags and earn secrets. If you are new to MGS, then this should be the strongest area for you.

Closing Comments

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is one great game. No matter what you hear, it is definitely worth checking out. If you are skepitcal about the new features then you could always rent it. If you never played MGS before, then this is a must have. It is one of the best games of all time remade even better.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/10/04