Review by The Review Dude

"Snake is back and cooler than ever"

This is my review of Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes. This Metal Gear is the best ever because it's Ps hit was the best ever and Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes is a remake of the 1998 Playstation hit Metal Gear Solid with revamped graphics and over an hour of added cutseens. I have been wanting this game forever.And now that I have it I decided to write a review for it. When I got this game I was blown away. I loved the first Metal Gear Solid and I love this one . Everything was revamped it was awesome. If you liked the first Metal Gear Solid for the Ps don't even read this. Just go buy it now. This is one of the best gamecube games I've played. And I have played quite a few games. Here's why you should think about getting it.

Gameplay 10/10

The way this game plays is very well done.The game can be a little tough when you first play it but it gets easier. There are a couple of extras but not much.You can do dog tags which can be a pain to get.The controls in this game are a bit rough.They are kind of hard to get used to but still the controls are responsive.And this game isn't all about stealth which can be cool because you can just pull out a machine gun and let loose so you won't be bored. Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes plays more like a movie than a game.It takes about 9-10 hours to beat it the first time you play and to be honest you will only play for about 4 hours and the next 5 hours is cutseens and codecs. That doesn't mean the game is boring. This is just the kind of game that makes you put the controller down and watch your game. The gamecube controller was the only thing that bothered me. I was just so used to playing MGS on the Ps.The controls are weird at first but give them time. And dog tags are a fun little thing to do you have to get every soldiers dog tags if you want to and there's about 20-30 dog tags on every difficulty so quite a few dog tags to get and they take forever to get. So quite a bit of game play if you try to get all the dog tags.And the new first person view makes all the boss battles even better and more remarkable than ever before. And if you have played the first Metal Gear Solid you will love to look around the areas in close detail. So all in all the gameplay is remarkable. It lost a point because of the weird controls. They take a while to get used to. And the all new hanging mode gives it a lot of new things to do. You can find a lot of little short cuts and stay out of the enemies sight. And The two new moves and they way they help you out through the game raises it to ten. This game was great in 1998 it is even better now with all the new features and moves it is by far better now. That's why I give it a 10.

Story 10/10

GREAT STORY The story in this game is so well done. It will have you feel bad for the bad guys when you kill them. Every word of this game is great. There are a lot of twists and turns which make it even better. The games story is based on Solid Snake a retired member of a group called Foxhound and his ex-group has taken a Warhead Storage Building hostage and you as Snake have to stop them. This game has a lot of weird elements to it and you will never guess what will happen next. That is what makes this game so good is the story.You will never find a game with this good of a story. Like I said LOTS of twists and turns. And there are two story lines they are alike but you have to see them both.The story has a very weird cast there's a mind reader and a sniper that hangs out with wolfs. Some what confusing story but play it all they way through before asking anything. Yes the story is weird but hey you DO play a kick ass Soldier. I mean what is better than that. But like I said you will love the story so much you will get connected to all the people in the game.You will actually care if they die.And I have never felt that way when playing a game.In this game you will love the good guys and hate the bad guys.This story is great its better than any movie any book any game you have ever played. That's why I give it a 10.

Graphics 10/10

You won't even want to look at the Ps version after this. The graphics were revamped for the gamecube and I must say very very good graphics. I think they are the best on the gamecube. They have added over an hour of cutseens and they are very good but a bit on the unrealistic side like the matrix. There is an issue about the good graphics they give the game a little bit of slow down. It isn't that bad but outside it slows quite a bit.The game just cant run steady sometimes.But that should not be the reason you buy this game. The cutseens are very well done and are the best I've seen on the Gamecube. The soldiers look so real I kind of feel bad for killing them. So graphics wise this game it is VERY VERY good. You will be very impressed. I know I was this is the main reason I bought this game is the revamped graphics. But that's not the only thing that makes this game great. There are a lot of good games with good graphics out there but in my mind these are the best the gamecube has to offer. That's why I give them a ten out of ten.

Sound/Music 10/10

The sound is great there's so much detail to every time you pull the trigger you hear a gunshot every footstep is heard. Every shell hits the ground with a nice sound. The only reason this got a eight is because of the voice acting it is alright they change some of the voices and they were not bad just not great. The Ps version voices sounded a lot better than this version but that's not a problem. Like I said the sound of everything else is fantastic. Enemies voices are sometimes alike but other than that I loved the sound in this game you can hear every pin drop everything the sound just plain out rocks. I mean detail these people did to make this game sound the way it sounds must have took them forever and I thank them for that with a huge ten out of ten.

Length 7/10

The game could of been longer. It will take you about nine to eleven hours to beat your first time. But you will want to play it again trust me. And if you want to collect all the dog tags that will take you about 10+ hours a game to get all of the dog tags with 5 games that quite a bit of time. But getting all of those dog tags can be VERY boring and you might just quite trying. But it still can take awhile to beat it. So this game will take about 50-60 hours out of your life but that's only if you want to collect every single little thing like me. That is why it only gets a seven.

Replay 10/10

You will play and beat this game at least 3 times. And that's without getting dog tags. I have already beat this game 17 times. So there is a huge chance that you will replay this game a lot. There's just so much to do you can run around looking for new ways to get to certain parts of the game faster or to learn how to kill enemies in funnier ways.And even getting the dog tags can be some what fun. I mean every little thing you can do you will more than likely try. This is just an insanely fun game to play no matter how many times you beat it you will want to beat it again just to shave that hour off of your time. And then you get a code once you beat the game and type it in on Konami's web site and you will be able to see how well you did with other people. And you can try to get the fastest time. That's why I give it a ten.

Overall 10/10

Do not miss out on this game you will be sorry if you do.This game has a great story that you will not find in any game. Graphics that will blow your mind. I mean they are really that good. Can't say much about the sound and music.But this is a gamecube only game that you should not miss. Great game.

Rent/buy

If you like stealth games and action games buy it. If you are new to stealth games buy it. Rent it if you have doubts but then once you return it you will be craving more of it. So why don't you just buy it you won't regret it. Why are you still reading go buy it now!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/22/04