Review by mrphred7914

"An interactive version of the movie."

Introduction

The Italian Job is a very fun video game. It was well worth the $49.99 that I paid for it. This is a great game for people who enjoy action and driving games. It is very exciting and fun, just like the feature film that it is based off of.

Gameplay

For those of you out there that are really into playing driving games, The Italian Job is wonderful. In this game you drive around a large city trying to complete your objectives in a mission style delivery. These range from retrieving a set of fake identification cards to trying to escape from police officers giving chase. The cars control very well and every thing is really fun to do. Some times you need to try and navigate tricky areas, most of which take quite a bit of skill to do. There are a large variety of cars, but mostly you will be behind the wheels of a Mini Cooper.

Graphics

The graphics in The Italian Job are excellent. All of the various vehicles look just as they do in real life. The city in the game is huge and looks very realistic. All of this combines to make the video game seem much like the film does.

Sound effects

Voice acting in this game was very well done and does not sound too corny like those Resident Evil games. The cars and crashes all sound realistic as well. Who ever did the sound effects did a really good job. I never got annoyed with the sound, which is more than I can say for other titles.

Music

I really liked the music that this game featured. It gets you in a pumped up mood which can help you out on those trickier missions. I can not even think of any tracks that I did not like. Very impressive if you ask me.

Replay value

If you are any thing like me then you will want to play each and every one of the modes over and over again. I am still not tired of this game, even though I have totally completed each of the modes three times.

Buy or rent?

For fans of the film I would definitely suggest a full purchase. Others may want to just give it a rental, but I am very satisfied with buying it. I do not regret a single penny spent.

Final thoughts

In my opinion, The Italian Job is one of the best titles of 2003. Combine great level design, visuals, and sounds together and you simply can not lose. Go out and pick up a copy of your own.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/29/03