Review by MechaSonic12

"Let's just face it, Billy's a dork"

Intro: SonicTeam has come up with some really STRANGE things in the past(a blue hedgehog, Samba de Amigo, etc.), but this time I think they’ve gone TOO far. As Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg made its way onto the shelves, I think I wasn’t the only one saying “Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg….. What kind of a name is that? This is GOING to be a kiddie game.” And, as it turned out, we were right. I’m not saying this is a horrible game, but let’s face it…… Billy’s a dork.

Story 6/10: This has got to be one of the strangest stories I’ve heard. It’s basically that an evil king of the Crows take over Morning Land and capture the Chicken Elders, who make the sun come up. After saving a chick from a pack of crows, Billy is summoned by the great Chicken God to find the captured Chichen Elders. Billy finds the Legendary Chicken Suit, which gives him the power over eggs, and gains special egg techniques. Billy must return the light of day to Morning Land, or live in a world of Darkness.

Graphics 7/10: The graphics of this game aren’t horrible, but could have been drastically improved. The gameplay graphics are decent and the Billy looks like a mold of clay. The surroundings are better than Billy, but the enemies are just slapped together.

Sound 7/10: La-laa-la-laa-la-la-la-la. God that’s annoying! The sound itself is decent, but very aggravating. VERY. Sound quality is probably better than the graphic quality of this game.

Replay 8/10: Most people will probably play this game to get it over with! It’s fun, but annoying at many parts. The battle feature is pretty fun, but I wouldn’t buy the game for it.

Last Notes: I only bought this game to add to my SEGA collection, but it might be worth getting. If you suck at Adventure games, don’t get this one. Being SonicTeam’s newest game in a few years, they should have worked harder. But, they also had to work on Sonic Heroes and Phantasy Star Online Episode III. Hopefully those games will be better than this one. Adding Sonic and his friends in this game was, personally, not a good idea. You can always count on SonicTeam to add Sonic in everything, though(even if he’s coming out of eggs. Egg of the Blue Hedgehog! Hahahaha). Overall Billy Hatcher is a decent plat former with a decent storyline and decent sound and graphics. Pretty much, it’s just decent.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/28/03