Review by zero2004

"This is no piece of ****."

STORY: 8/10

If anyone says that this is the best racing game ever made, believe them. Don't argue. Story is like all the other REALLY COOL sports games. You start out with $10,000, title as a nothing, and a cool car on the first race. You spend your money on a car after your first race. It's got a good story, but could be better.

GRAPHICS: 9.5/10

All races take place at night. The graphics are excellent. Except for on the PS2, The street lights look like burning candles. With fire going every which way. Everything on your car is customizable, which make the graphics much better and give them a more meaningful use.

SOUND: 10/10

There are twenty six songs. The songs are awesome, except for a couple. the ones that suck are mainly 3 rap songs and 3 rock songs. The rap songs are good, as are the rock. My favorite song is tecno, though.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10

GOOD. The controls are easy to get used to, it offers you a choice of easy or hard, and awesome cars. With DRIFT, DRAG, CIRCUIT, SPRINT, TIME TRIAL, and LAP KNOCKOUT, this game will keep you busy for a while. There are 111 races, or at least that's what they want you to think. You won't get bored with it. There's still a lot of replay value. If you go through the game again, try to get different unique upgrades.

RENT or BUY?

It doesn't matter if you don't like racing games, You'll love this one. I would suggest buy. Trust me, It's worth the money. With so much stuff packed into one disc, You can't get the full effect of it if you rent it. Trust me, definately buy. And even after you beat it, that's not the end of it. There's more to it than you think.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/25/04