Review by Foxarwing42

"Midnight Club watch out!"

EA's Need for Speed series usually has exterme exotic cars that you'd probably never be able to drive in your life. But in Underground its time to trade in that exotic car, for a street racing car.

Graphics:10/10

The PS2 version looks awesome but the Gamecube version is simply better. My only problem in the game, is that all the people in the game(when you start a race, when people gather around your car) they all look like rejects from the Sims. They could have made them look better, but the main focus is the cars so you won't really pay attention to them anyways.

Sound:10/10

The sound is perfect for every car, no cars sound alike. Its that good. The people sound like their cheering so thats ok.

Gameplay:9/10

Well the reason this is lower is because its hard to avoid crashes that pretty much ruin you completely. If your car hits another it goes flying. It does all these rolls and flips, even when it hits the ground it bounces and does even more flips. So yeah crashes can really mess you up. They should fix this before the next one comes out.

But besides that there are a couple of modes that you and your friends can have fun with. Drag is my favorite, its just from point A to B in a straight line. If you saw Fast and the Furious, you know what it is. Also there is your circut(which is run laps against people) and sprint(which is kinda like circut but its from point A to B, no laps). Then is Drift. This mode caught me of guard, but what you do is slide your car around turn for points. This mode is not for speed, its for style.

Overall:9/10

This game is hard and has alot of replay value. This game is great for all racing fans. It'll keep you busy for a while.

Buy or rent: Rent first or try it out, if you love it buy it. Its almost an absolute buy for gearheads(racing fans) like myself.

Final Score:9/10