Review by DeusExKamik

"How can anyone NOT love this game?"

I've seen the reviews for this game, and wow, they were terrible. And I honestly did not know why it got such bad reviews. Right off the bat, I can tell you that this game is TREMENDOUSLY fun. It may seem childish to most, what with the little toys, and bright colors, and misguiding box cover, but this is one of the best games I've ever played. Let me go through why this game is extremely fun, and why you should pick it up, posthaste.

Story - 7/10

Alright, we start out with the story of Gotcha Force. A simple one, at that. But at least it gives purpose to the game. You find a little robot named G-Red, who tells you that the Death Force (the baddies) is coming to take over the world. Really, that's all.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Gameplay - 10/10

This is where the game REALLY shines. Gotcha Force is an extremely fun game. You basically control a Gotcha Borg [tiny (or in some cases, big) little robot thing], and you fight your way through battles using a force (a team). You use GF Energy to build your team. In battle, you only use 2 buttons to attack. But, occasionally, it can delve a little bit deeper, in the sense you must charge the attacks to unleash a more powerful attack. That, and you have dashing skills, jumping, very simple stuff. Sure, it might not seem like much, but jeez, it can be very, VERY addictive. You can also use your two attack buttons to make combos, which I do find useful.

That's basically the battle part. Now, the customization, and the borgs. The amount of borgs you have are pretty damn awesome. There are over 200 different types of borgs, and there are many unique tribes of each borg. I can name some off the top of my head. There's Musha Borgs (Samurai), Ninja Borgs (Yesh, teh awesome ninjaz are in this game), Dragon Borgs (Oh yeah, big fun), and Hero Borgs (Woot, Hero Borgs are one of my favorite, just because they're so damn cool and pretty powerful, too). In total, there are around 20 different tribes of borgs. There are also different colored borgs! Yes, you can get a different colored borg of every single borg there is. Technically, with all the colored/non-colored borgs together, there's well over 1000. Better start working if you wanna get all of them =D

Also, you don't have to fight everyone alone (although you can), you can fight people with a teammate! Yes, you gain friends throughout the game, which you can use as allies in different battles. Each person has their own advantages, and disadvantages. Occasionally, they can be helpful.

Your borgs can also level up, which means higher HP, and ammo. I've got no complaints against this, although it can take quite some time.

Sound - 10/10

Yeah, the sound is all anime-ish, but it's pretty cool. I like it, and some songs definitely get you in the mood for some battling.

Graphics - 10/10

The graphics are simply amazing. Each borg is so refined, and detailed. Especially in combat. Also, the fields in which you play are very cool as well. You can play in backyards, in parks, near rivers. Very fun.

Replayability - 10/10

This game has such a great replayability factor. You can replay it so much, and never get bored. There are so many different borgs to try out in battle, and teams to create that the possibilities are endless. And nevermind getting all the regular borgs, what about trying to get all the colored borgs? That will definitely keep you playing this game for some time. The gameplay, the visuals, the sound, all of it just makes this game really good for replayability. The fun just never ends.

Well, there you have it, folks. The reasons why you should look high and low, from top to bottom, bottom to top. It's quite hard to find, but if and when you do find it, get it. You're not going to regret it one bit.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/14/05