Review by kurt_zisa06

"Worst. Mario Party. Ever."

Let me just say before hand, you are reading a review for the absolute worst Mario Party ever. You'll be asleep before this game is over, you'll probable break it before you have a chance to sell it at a garage sale, and if you're a game collector, keep this game in mint condition and don't play it. in the following 7 categories, I will tell you about this game. It's game-play and graphic, the most important factors, the sound, story, controls, new features, and whether you should rent or buy. The game of Mario Party 5 has no intro of itself, as do other titles in this series, just a plain video of a board and stuff. I will also tell you before hand, I might get a little...annoyed. Oh, well. Read on.

Game-play:
The Mario Party game-play has never changed. Roll a die, move space and try to buy as many stars for 20 coins as possible. Whoo! This game also has the worst mini-games of the series. Sure, we've got 85, but at least half of them are luck or button mashing. Otherwise, most games are frustrating beyond belief. Especially considering almost EVERY single mini-game is timed. The boards...I can't describe how freaking slow they go. When a computer isn't trying to figure out which direction to go, you're guide character or whoever is rambling...rambling...rambling...

Hudson also added the "Super Duel Mode", where all you do is drive in a slow machine which can't reverse and try to shoot people on a slippery stage. (Yay :P). Since I got this game back in 2004 or so, the most fun thing was beach volleyball and ice hockey in bonus mode. You can honestly forget everything else. Which is why I give the game-play...a 3 out of 10.

Graphics:
Graphic never changed. Enough said. Still, a new kinda more fun addition is the 3D boards, which don't have static backgrounds anymore. That is pretty much it. Everything else is the same as #4. That is why I give these pathetic graphics...a 1 out of 10.

Story:
Oh. My. God. The storyline is even the worst of the series too?! That's right. Bowser's plan this time is to ruin dreams by filling them with his own. How does he do that? Send 3 colors of "K. Kids" on a tiny board where your character happens to show up, and ruin their plans. How, you ask? Taking away their coins so they conveniently disappear. Not to mention, all "K. Kids" move at the same time, making it so you have to play 6 mini-games a turn...Which is why this game's story gets a generous...1 out of 10. They really should just get rid of the storyline.

Sound:
If my ears had mouths, they'd be throwing up. The sound is awful in this game. The mini-game music, the board music, even the "I can't talk so I'll make a stupid grunt noise so you can read what I'm saying" sounds bad. And, it's not really the sound I have a problem with, it's the music. I can not describe this music, it is so bad, which shorten out this piece of the review...a 3 out of ten.

Controls:
Whoopdeedoo. The controls haven't changed, either! The same mini-game buttons, the same board buttons, teh--even the same menu buttons. most of this game uses A...so what's there to say? (no rhyme intended). 4 out of 10

New features:
What new features?

Rent or buy:
Umm...lets see here, oh, man. That is a tough desi-RENT. Well, honestly you shouldn't even think about this game.

Conclusion:
Congratulations, Mario Party 5. You got a 12 out of 50! Round and divide that up and you've got a total of 2 out of 10.
HUDSON, NINTENDO, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!