Question from Quilavatrainer

I can't trade Pokemon with my Fire Red! Do I need to beat the game first?

Everytime I set up my Colosseum file and Fire Red file to the trade centers, I save the game, my colosseum trainer is ready but I keep getting a message saying that my Fire Red trainer is "Still making adjustments" Do I have to beat the game before I can start trading on Fire Red?

Quilavatrainer provided additional details:

So I beat the Elite 4 to beat the game right?
How do I get the National Poke Dex?

zero2exe asked for clarification::

@medevilpal
You're wrong, the game does work with all the gba pokemon versions; you can even access battle mode with leafgreen and see the Kanto trainer sprite during battles instead of the Hoenn ones (although I'm still figuring out how can that happen). Also I have traded pokemon between colosseum and leafgreen and emerald without any problems (of course after meeting the basic requirements such as beating story mode on the GCN and getting the national dex on both gba games)

@requester
Both answers have been given above. You need the national dex in the gba versions from prof. oak and have the network machine repaired (leafgreen and firered only). Remember you can't trade shadow pokemon until they've been fully purified or eggs.

Ifeno answered:

To be precise you have to repair the trading station on one island on fire red as well as defeat the realgam tower colloseum on colloseum. then you will be able to trade using a gba connector cable
2 0

Answers

pokelong answered:

Yes yo do and also make sure you got the national dex on Fire Red to.
0 1

PokemonHero17 answered:

All of that starts after you beat the elite 4. National Dex, and you have to go on a side quest to get to trade with Colosseum.
0 1

PokemonHero17 answered:

This will sound funny after you hear it. You have to beat the Elite 4. All trading starts with beating the Elite 4.
0 2

kobravenom answered:

for fire red and leaf green if you want to trade you have to have beaten the elite 4 have the national Dex and have the network machine working
0 2

webhead43 answered:

U must have national dex on firered/leafgreen and beat the game[collosium]
0 2

webhead43 answered:

Catch at least 60 pokemon on kanto dex, beat the elite4 then talk 2 prof. oak.
0 2

medevilpal answered:

Actually, Pokemon Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald are NOT compatible with Colosseum. Trust me, I've tried it with my Leafgreen and I beat the Elite 4 and got the National Dex, but it still didn't work. Colosseum is only compatible with Ruby and Sapphire. Pokemon XD is compatible with all 5 games, though.
2 4

zero2exe answered:

@medevilpal

@requester

PS: My bad, I accidentally put this as info request
2 2

Pizzus answered:

You must get the National PokeDex in FireRed, that is, catch at least 60 Pokemon and defeat the Elite Four (or the other way around, but then you must talk to Prof. Oak afterwards), and then fix the Network Machine on One Island by getting the Ruby and the Sapphire key items.
0 1

metagross111 answered:

@zero2exe
"You're wrong, the game does work with all the gba pokemon versions; you can even access battle mode with leafgreen and see the Kanto trainer sprite during battles instead of the Hoenn ones (although I'm still figuring out how can that happen). Also I have traded pokemon between colosseum and leafgreen and emerald without any problems (of course after meeting the basic requirements such as beating story mode on the GCN and getting the national dex on both gba games)"

That's easy. Nintendo released Colosseum when Firered/Leafgreen was very near completion. It only makes sense the development teams for the different games worked with each other occasionally. IIRC, there is an Emerald char too, but I need to confirm this once I beat it.
0 1

gengar77 answered:

OK! What a mess!
Short version...
Fire Red- Beat Elite Four, get National PokeDex, help Bill finish Network Machine on One Island
Colosseum- Beat Boss Evice at in Realgam Tower Colosseum
Once you've done all that, go to the basement in the Phenac City Pokemon Center and speak to the girl at the
counter. Follow the onscreen directions from there and you should be OK.
However, Fire Red and Leaf Green are NOT compatible with the Colosseum Bonus Disc Jirachi Gift.
0 0

NecroSol answered:

Your fire red character needs to be in a pokemon center to trade.P.S I'm sorry that's the only info I could give since most of the other answers is right,but your fire red character does need to be saved (the option kind of save) in a pokemon center than you could trade.
0 0

cocops answered:

actually iv traded from emerald 2 colosseum try trading from leaf green/red to emerald then to colosseum :D
0 0