Review by trumpetman0710

"Ubisoft has delivered another fantastic game."

I did not think that sequels were supposed to be better than the original. I was wrong. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow delivers everything that was expected, and then some.

Game play: 10/10
The game play has improved substantially from the original Splinter Cell to Pandora Tomorrow. The game runs very smoothly and is fairly easy to control. The whistle feature makes up for the amount of non-lethal missions. Instead of having to find an object to distract a guard, you can just whistle him over to a spot and take him out. The controls are slightly different from the original game, but I find them to be much more convenient for the intense play of the game. The amount of darkness in the game took me a little by surprise. Night vision is a must-use during almost the whole game. Overall, the game play is fantastic.

The story leaves a little to be desired. A great concept, but the original game holds the better and/or more thought out storyline. I personally believe that an information crisis is a better theme to go off of than smallpox is.

The lighting makes this game what it is. I don't think that there is any other game out there with as much detail in their graphics as in Splinter Cell. The way that the light hits certain objects is very realistic. The cut-scenes amaze me. Almost motion-picture quality is achieved, an amazing feat for that of a video game. Overall, the best graphics I have seen in a game… ever.

Music: 9/10
The music tells you what's happening in the game. When the music is subtle, that means you are safe. When it suddenly starts to intensify, that means a guard has seen you, and usually the most intense music is accompanied by enemy gunfire. Being such a music fan that I am, the score for this game was very written. It gives you that espionage feeling that most games lack. As I was watching through the credits, I noticed that the main theme was composed by Lalo Schifrin, a very notable composer who wrote the famous Mission: Impossible theme.

Difficulty: 9/10
The fact that the only two difficulty settings are “Normal” and “Hard” is very intimidating. I have played through and beaten the game on both difficulty settings and they both live up to their names. The realistic improvement in difficulty is that half of the missions only allow one alarm. Also, guards' armor increase at every alarm stage, making the game tougher and more realistic. It takes a long time to play. Many of the missions took anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes to successfully complete. Very tough game, but well worth it.

I highly recommend buying this game at first chance. Everything about this game makes it well worth the play. Gamers should find a tough and realistic experience that will have you awestruck when you turn the game on.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/02/04