Review by rogueagent15

"Sam is back in his shortest game yet!"

INTRODUCTION
I am a huge fan of the original Splinter Cell. The first time I played it I was awestruck. Everything in it was so well done. The cut scenes were done perfectly, the graphics were great, and the gameplay was a brand new style of stealth with Sam Fisher as the cool lead character. Well, Sam is back in his latest game Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Does is stack up to the original? Lets see.

STORY: 9/10
Once again, the world of Tom Clancy brings another great story filled with intrigue. This time around, a man named Suhadi Sadono is threatening the United States with Small pox. Not wanting to give anything else away, I'll just leave it at that.

GRAPHICS: 10/10
Even better than the original. The opening cut-scene is the best I've ever seen yet in a video game. Everything looks unbelievably realistic. Sam Fisher looks a lot younger than he did in the first game which is a plus because I, personally do not like playing as a guy that looks like he's really old. Coen looks a lot more realistic as well compared to the first. Sam's Night Vision is done better as well.

AUDIO: 7/10
I take marks off here. Lambert sounds really weird and it takes some time to get used to. Anna Grimmsdottier's voice has changed too. I'm not sure, but I think that they may have gotten new people to do the voices for those two. Luckily, Michael Ironside is back and sounding even more awesome and threatening. Interrogating is much more fun than it was in the first. The music is great and will stay in your head long after you've turned the game off.

GAMEPLAY: 8/10
Here is where the game really shines. Everything you could do in the first game you can do in Pandora Tomorrow and there are some great new moves. You can do a split-jump in a smaller area now, and when doing one, you can boost even higher to reach other ledges. Also, now you can whistle easily just by pressing the Z button to call guards towards you, then sneak around them and take them out. My major problem with the gameplay is that they almost completely redid the controls. It took me a long time to get used to them and I still get mixed up sometimes, especially when I switch back to the original Splinter Cell. For example, instead of tapping R to pull out your gun and pressing R in to shoot, now you have to hit B to take out your gun and then R to shoot. Accessing your binoculars and scope is confusing as well. You have to press L until you reach the actual button part and hold it for a few seconds before your binoculars/scope kicks in. For me, this kind of took me out of the experience.

LENGTH/REPLAYABILITY: 6/10
If you thought the original was short, this is worse. It only has eight levels and although they may be difficult, the trial and error aspect makes it short. I rented it and beat it before my week was up. Also, besides doing it on both difficulty levels, there really isn't any reason to play it again.

FINAL THOUGHTS
If you're a big fan of the original, you're gonna love this game. It's a great game. However, I recommend renting it first because chances are you are going to beat it within that time but I wouldn't spend more than thirty bucks for it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/30/04