Question from CeleBaby20

My Gamecube only reads certain discs and not others...why?

I've had my gamecube for a good seven years now. I've always taken care of it and kept all my games clean and scratch free. Lately, however, my gamecube has trouble reading the disks. It will spin for two or three seconds and then say there's no disc inserted. Usually it takes a few tries to get it to read the disc.

Today, I was able to play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for a while and then my sister wanted to watch me play on my Zelda: Collector's Edition. I tried to play it, but my gamecube wasn't reading the disc at all. I tested Sonic Adventure DX and the disc was read fine. I thought maybe my gamecube has a hardware problem but now I'm not so sure.

This has happened with some games like Pokemon Colosseum, Mario Party 4 and 5 and even SA2B. What is wrong with my gamecube and what can I do to fix it?

Jagr_68 answered:

Could be a problem with the disc lens reader since you claim you take good care of your game discs. You can tell when a game disc takes too much time to load or when the drive spins and then eventually shuts itself off.
Need either to get the lens reader fixed or see if you can find a cleaning kit for the Gamecube.
0 0