Question from nettie247

Can you reload another memory file onto the memory card?

I'm helping my 6 yr old son complete Wind waker. We're half way through but today an error code appeared about the memory being corrupt and must be formatted. He do so before asking. So now the memory card appears to work but we have to start over. As a busy mom of three the oldest being 6, I dont have time to devote to starting over. I found a site that has a memory file with the game mostly complete but I have no idea how to get it from my computer to the Gamecube. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nettie247 provided additional details:

so is there no way to restore a file by any means? Copy from another rom or anything?

KirbyPuffball answered:

thers a few solutions:
Get another Memory Card (Due to Wii beeng the Big System out, it might be hard to find memroy Cards.

Do what Cloud789 Says. Get an extention cord for the Game cube-to computer Cable. Kinda hard to find in stored; Ebay or Amazon.com may have some.

Otherwise, the data is lost forever. Although One time, my Wind Waker Data Was Corupt. the game was deeleted. i was scared that didnt play for 2 months. i decide to get the Courage to play again, and the Data Was Normal!
Everything was the way it was! and no one playd my gamecube for those 2 months. im still wondering how that happened.
2 0

Answers

ShadianVise answered:

I believe the save files only work on ROMs, so you're out of luck there. I may be wrong, though, so wait for another answer.
0 2

ShadianVise answered:

I would advise seeing how your son does on his own in the game. I was playing games fairly competently at the age of 6. Not only that, my fondest memories of gaming lie in that age period. I remember exploring games like this for a very long time. Of course, he probably won't beat it on his own, but at that age, it doesn't really matter. It's more about playing the game than actually getting anywhere.
0 0

_Lagoona_ answered:

.GameFAQs does have game saves, too. There are apparently different methods to transfer saves to the Gamecube (I don't have any personal experience, myself), e.g. by USB memory adapter, Gameshark or MaxDrive. I assume any of these devices have a manual with them, if you should decide to buy one.
0 0

Cloud789 answered:

If you want to load up a game save from the internet, you'll need an external device to do so, which is unfortunate as it sounds like you won't be able to obtain one. Your game save seems to have been lost forever.

On another note from my point of view, you've put yourself into a semi-good position if the only game save to have been lost is Wind Waker. One can spend countless hours simply exploring that game and especially with a 6 year old, he could really enjoy playing through the easy parts of the game and enjoying what the game world has to offer. I suggest allowing your son to try playing through the game on his own - Even when it becomes too hard for him, he'll be closer to where you were both up to before you lost your progress and you may want to devote some of your time to help him from there.
2 0

DXI answered:

Well I just have one peice of advice if you get another memory card corrupt message just try and reload the memory.
2 0

bickman2k answered:

I have a GameShark GameSaves. It allows you to copy saves from the PC to this memory card and play them on the GameCube. It comes with a memory card that has a USB connection.
0 0

Need Memory Card? Answered SragentThom
Where can i buy a USB Memory Card? Open SolidSnakeFan77
Data on memory card? Answered stiff100
Do you HAVE to format a memory card? Answered Sepherimorth
Spontaneous format of memory card? Unanswered TwilightAeon13