Question from paulywally111

What's wrong with my Gamecube??

Hi I just pulled my Gamecube out of its dusty corner to find that the games are lagging with the controller. There's like a 4 or 5 second delay before a button I pushed effects the game. I tried it on 2 different games with two different controllers and even on different ports, it doesn't make a difference - there's still that lag.

Is there something wrong with the ports, or something specifically in the Gamecube broken?

From: KickMeElmo 6 years ago

Compressed air is often the key. Grab a can of compressed air from Office Depot or something and blow out the console. If you're the kind who opens consoles up, go for it, otherwise just make sure to hit the vents on either side and the drive tray.

It might be the disc reader.

Think of some other things before you jump to conclusions. Some TV's have delay on them when using standard video cables. I won't go into too much detail, but try on an older TV.