Review by YoYoLeFtToRiTe

"Whose ready for Monster Jam???"

"And Grave Digger will cross the line first!!! What an outstanding race!!! Dennis Anderson and Grave Digger are once again your Monster Jam racing champion!!" - Ken Stout

"So Tom, what do you think is needed for a freestyle victory? 60 seconds of Tom Meents and Maximum Destruction and I will win it!" -Tom Meents

These are some of the words that diehard Monster Jam fans will hear when watching an event on TV. Ever since I was 8 years of age I have been watching Monster trucks crush, race, and destroy! I have always wanted to play a good Monster truck game. I remember buying Monster Truck Madness 2 for the PC which was good. But it didn't give me that "MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION" feel to it... I remember seeing this game in a store but I didn't pick it up right away. I went home, and I couldn't find any information for it at all seeing that it wasn't very popular. This game is also very rare and not sold in many stores. So I thought, why not. Next day, I picked it up, and I loved it from start to finish. This game has a good variety of trucks to choose from along with a lot of crazy courses to race.

I would also like to add that this game has some potential when it comes to challenge. You must earn a reputation, and a minimal amount of cash in order to proceed to the next event. The drivers are make believe, but if you see what they look like, they do fit the profile of a crazy driver.

Now onto the visuals.. Guys this is not Resident Evil 4 or Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess. If your bias because of graphics, you will not like this game. I'll be honest with you about something though.. The trucks really do look like the real deal if you compare. Yes they're more cartoony, but they look decent.

Next, I will be talking about the sounds. The sounds are great. I watch Monster Jam quite a bit and the trucks sound exactly as they do on TV when the cameras are inside where the driver sits or under the truck. When you rev the engine, you can hear it very clearly.

And last but not least, I will be talking about the controls. The controls are good for the most part. Not the best, but good. The trucks do seem to lose control every once in a while but thats understandable considering how unstable these trucks can be in reality.

You know something, I am very impressed with this game overall. But keep it mind, this game isn't all about reality, but its fun...very very fun. I think most Monster Jam fans will appreciate this game and give it a try. Once again, the visuals aren't the best, as are the controls. If you can look past all that, the gameplay is great. Go check it out guys, Monster 4x4:Masters of Metal for the Nintendo Gamecube!

"Whose ready for Monster Jam????"

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/08

Game Release: Monster 4x4: Masters of Metal (US, 12/10/03)