Review by Action

"Megaman still awesome after 15 years!"

INTRO

Well, it's here! The Blue Bomber is back and still going strong, even after 15 years! Congratulations Megaman! All you Megaman fans rejoice, because the greatest collection of Megaman games is here. Any die-hard Megaman fan will NOT be disappointed in getting this game, although the truly die-hard Megaman fan will notice a few changes from the original games. However, this doesn't take away from the fact that the collection still pwns. :)

STORY: 5

The Megaman series does have a story, and is fairly easy to follow. However, the storyline is very basic and lacks anything that we might classify as a "good" story. Then again, it doesn't really matter, since Megaman isn't noted for his stories alone.

GRAPHICS: 10

Megaman might be old, but he's not outdated by any standards. The graphics stay true to their original forms, and that means ALL the graphics. Definite plus.

SOUND: 10

Most all of the music stays true to its original form. I did notice in Megaman 6 that they changed the introduction music, but it's still very cool. As an added bonus, you can claim some remixed music by simply playing through the games.

GAMEPLAY: 10

I was just playing Megaman 6 and I ended up stumbling upon something: You can switch weapons using the R and L buttons! Sweet! In addition, there's an auto-save feature that saves your progress on any game after you beat a boss, lose all your lives, or exit the stage. If you're not exactly an adept Megaman player or just new to the series, there's Navi Mode that just might be perfect for you. First seen in Megaman 8, Navi Mode gives you hints if you press the START button when the [!] icon pops on the screen. It also adds new features to your life bar: the number of lives you have is onscreen, indicators to show if you're low on health, etc. There's more: Easy Mode lightens the load if the game was too tough the first time around. Capcom gets an A for the awesome additions while keeping the gameplay pure.

REPLAY: 10

Before my NES died, I could play Megaman 6 (the only game I had at the time) over and over for hours on end. And now, years after its release, I still can. :) Megaman games are notorious for their replay value, and not a single thing has changed. There's added extras too, like the remixed music, original artwork, and even an interview with some of the developers!

OVERALL: 45/50 + Megaman bonus (+5 to all ratings) = 70/50 :)

Megaman is one of my favorite game series of all time, hence the Megaman bonus seen above. With old school gaming and dozens of improved features, any Megaman fan will be most pleased with this game. Hours upon hours of Megaman fun await, so what are you waiting for? Go out and get this game!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/24/04