Review by Pohatu2007

"Still Rockin' after all these years..."

There are only a few game characters that make games that are still fun even after many years. Megaman is one of them.

The controls are as smooth as they were when they were released. With the additional buttons, features that weren't available the first time around are here, like one-button slides and auto-fire. Some jumps are still challenging and at times frustrating, but that is the challenge..

The new "Navi Mode" gives hints on how to progress. This is good for young gamers, but veterans will turn it off. It comes in handy for boss fights and some puzzles.

Controls will be difficult for vets to get used to, (trust me, I know) but the controls become second nature and ,I found, a lot better and comfortable.

You don't exactly go to Megaman games for great stories. Some of them are weird, but you can skip them. Thought was put into the story, but it was the 80's and 90's, you can forgive them.

Graphics haven't changed, and that is a good thing. Some glitches were fixed, and that is good to. The look will bring back many memories from a time were your only goal was to go and beat the boss.

Some of gaming's greatest scores have come form Megaman games. But when you play Megaman 8 (gripe alert) the dubbing is the WORST sound to come out of my speakers. Yes, worse than an episode of DuelMasters. Megaman sounds like a kid, and the boss voices don't intimidate you or match their charactor.

Replayability: 9/10
Megaman has been and always will be challenging. You will be sure to come back to old games and challeng yourself to do better. And the Multi-player game is fun alone as it is with a friend. This game will steal hours from you, and you will enjoy every second of it.

Final Score: 10/10 (not averaged)
This is a must buy for any even mildly serious Megaman fan. It simply rocks. Here's to 15 more years, may Mega blaster be strong, and your weapon energy high.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/01/04