Why does the game keep telling me An error has occurred?

1. An error has occurred. Please press the start button to turn your system off.

User Info: unlimited_chaos

unlimited_chaos - 7 years ago
    Does this happen at a certain area or time? Or is it just random?

User Info: LunarSage

LunarSage - 6 years ago

1. I kinda had the same problem with Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door Game It said: An error has occurred. Please look in the Gamecube Instruction Manual or something like that. I checked the bottom of the disk and I say a "JPN" on the black circular bar around clost to the middle and compared it with my other games and guess what!? The other games I had said "USA" on the black bar, so I think you might have bought the english version from Japan (probably the first person changed it when he/she came back to America and sold it or changed the game). You can exchange it for a one that works!

I hope this helps! ^^

User Info: SuperSmashMstr

SuperSmashMstr - 7 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. I think when you get the message "An error as occurred", it means an error has occurred.

Seriously: Does it occur with other games or just TP? If so, it's probably an issue with your console. Try it on someone elses' gamecube - if you can - to determine if it's the console or the disc. If it's just TP, did it work before and then stop working? If not, you may have a bad copy. If so, try cleaning the disc. Or clean the console lens (very carefully). Or sometimes a bad controller can cause an error. Try a different controller.

User Info: CryBaby51

CryBaby51 (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 1
  2. Usually it means theirs scratches on your disk or the laser eye for the gamecube has dust in it. Even if the game doesn't look 'that bad' a scratch in just the right place can cause it to malfunction.

User Info: Holy_Morale

Holy_Morale - 7 years ago 1 0
  3. I think you get this error when you swap discs on the console but neglect to turn the power off when doing so. In any case, I suppose the solution is to switch the console off after taking out a game and subsequently inserting another game.

User Info: Joeyxp2

Joeyxp2 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. I had the same problem with a friend's game. It did not say an error has occured, it said "unable to read disk" it's probably some scratches on the bottom. People do need to take care of their disks in order for them to keep working (or they will not work properly and starts messing up).

User Info: pikapika64

pikapika64 - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. did you buy used? used games sometimes come with errors. last week i bought GH3 for the wii used and it was broken. If you bought used then go back to Gamestop or wherever you went and tell em the game is broken and exchenge but u need the recept tho so...if its not used then go back to the place you bought it with the recipt and exchange.

User Info: Gamerman99999

Gamerman99999 - 7 years ago 1 0
  6. Ok this happened to me with my disc it's actually te system overheating it's summer here (really hot and i had been playing alot) i waited a few minutes and later put an icepack on it and it worked perfectly don't risk cleaning all tat stuff

User Info: monsoonofdoom

monsoonofdoom - 7 years ago 1 0
  7. Are you playing the GC verison on a Wii? That message comes up all the time on my Wii when I play GC games on the Wii.

User Info: kingnahum17

kingnahum17 - 7 years ago 1 0
  8. It means that either your game is damaged, which is unlikely. and the likely thing that it is, is that your game cube or wii has scratched lenses, and its interrupting the games signal. i'm almost positive that this is it because th same thing happenned to me with my game cube.

User Info: hangman_link

hangman_link - 7 years ago 1 0
  9. There is a simple reason for that and that is either your system is messed up or the disc is messed up.

User Info: linklord5000

linklord5000 - 7 years ago 0 1
  10. That happens to me somtimes. if it gets really bad and it does it on other games then I sugest you get a new game cube. If it only does it on that game then get a new game. If it isn't really bad then just clean your disc or try to get your game cube fixed. Hope this helps! :)

User Info: squilliam474

squilliam474 - 7 years ago 1 0
  11. Maybe you have a broke disk if so go to the store you got it and get a new copy or the disk is dirty.And maybe you need a new controler.Or you need a new gamecube/wii. (Hope this helps)

User Info: Link457

Link457 - 7 years ago 1 0
  12. You asked the same question on windwaker check windwaker

User Info: Link457

Link457 - 7 years ago 0 1
  13. Holy is right.
    I have a game with one scratch and it doesnt work

User Info: pecaprez1

pecaprez1 - 7 years ago 1 0
  14. if its a Wii. and its (ironcly) a Burnt disc,
    1:bad dump/rp 2:burnt incorrectly 3: bad version of backup launcher 4: you didnt patch the MIOS 5: your using Action replay and its causing interfeerance

i get #5 w/ another game on the wii in this case (AR+ Starfox Adventures)

if its the Orginal (Pressed) disc drive isnt reading the Disc correctly/damaged lens 2: durring a system update the MIOS may have been corrupted (but that mean no matter what game you use youd get an error has occured message)

if this is on a Gamecube.. i dont know what to say besides Dirty/scratched disc// Damaged lens or if your GC is chipped. the chip is faulty.

in cases of non dirty lense/disc/ damaged disc/lense or overheating on either console it boils down to an Pirated copy that was burnt badly.

User Info: CaelThunderwing

CaelThunderwing - 6 years ago 1 1
  15. Check the disc for scratches because if it is scratched to much it will not work

User Info: icebros

icebros - 6 years ago 0 1
  16. Because if ur not very far I would say if none of the other suggetions work I would see if u could restart the game and try again

User Info: Kratos678

Kratos678 - 6 years ago 0 1
  17. If its the game get a new one if its the controller get a new one if its the GC get a new one.

User Info: Twiggy_Genocide

Twiggy_Genocide - 6 years ago 1 0
  18. I'm not sure if anyone knew this, but I found out the hard way. The disc is temperature sensitive, meaning that if it gets too hot, there would be a film that appears in the middle of the disc ------ that can't be removed. This film ruins the disc by not being readable to the laser. This is the only game I had to take back twice in a row because of the heat in the car last summer... but all disc games are like that, not just TP.

Hope this helps.

User Info: pro_gamer19

pro_gamer19 - 6 years ago 1 0
  19. I don't know it happens to my kirby air ride only if i play it on the gamecube if i play it on the wii it will play it with no problem. so try playing it on the wii if u have 1 and if it still happens your game is broken.

User Info: destroyah898

destroyah898 - 6 years ago 1 0
  20. My Kirby Air Ride has that film on it with my gamecube it won't work on my dad's gamecube it works perfect.

User Info: destroyah898

destroyah898 - 6 years ago 1 0
  21. Have you checked your disc. That could be the be a problem. If it continues, buy another one of the game

User Info: jhilton44

jhilton44 - 6 years ago 0 1
  22. Because theres an error with your game

User Info: Codebreaker1234

Codebreaker1234 - 6 years ago 0 0